Do you wear much jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wedding ring is the extent of my jewelry these days. In years past I wore a watch, necklace and bracelet at various times.

I wear no jewelry and quite often work around vehicle batteries , so a ring , watch, bracelet or anything metal is a no go. Doubt if my wedding ring even fits anymore.

None at all. In “To catch a Thief “ Princess Grace, when asked by Cary Grant why she wore no jewelry, answered
“ I don’t like cold things against my skin”.....

To me, jewelry is just a functionless money pit.

Working around neg 48 phone batteries and general construction, rings and stuff can be hazardous. One little snag wised me up early on. I told Marina to look for it in my sock drawer. I can still hold her with all 10 fingers.
grin2.gif

In the conventional sense of jewellery I wear none, but the rings and chains that typicaLly constitute jewellery are much more often worn by women than men.

This leads to the question;
Is a car a form of man jewellery?

Originally Posted By: BJD78
I wear no jewelry and quite often work around vehicle batteries , so a ring , watch, bracelet or anything metal is a no go. Doubt if my wedding ring even fits anymore.

My wedding ring has only been off once when I used too much soap trying to remove grease stains. My dad stopped wearing his after almost getting his finger torn off using a drill press.

I guess I have to balance this thread.

I wear wedding ring, watch, signet ring on right hand.

I used to have gold necklace with 24kt Gold Canadian coin, but I stopped after the chain broke 3rd time, sits in a drawer now.

I do desk work for a living, I take off the rings if I am wrenching on the cars or doing home projects. I collect watches, so I always have some watch on - regardless of what I'm doing - unless I have to fit my arm into a tight space. Don't be getting too imaginative on that one :eek:)

I wear nothing, not even a watch or my wedding ring. After a couple decades in the fire service and seeing the things I've seen i don't wear jewelry. I've been retired 2 years and still haven't put any back on.

Nothing.

I stopped wearing watches after grad school. Never married, so thankfully a wedding ring was never an issue.

I've always got my hands in "stuff" at home and at work. It would be a danger for me to wear anything.

I wear my wedding band one evening a year, when I take my wife out to our anniversary dinner. She tells me she can't go out with me that evening "because I'm married". LOL

Wedding ring and that's it.
I got a plain band from Service Merchandise (remember them?) that I wear every day and she got a custom engagement ring with a diamond we chose at a wholesaler's office along with her wedding band...she never wears either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back