Dyna Low Rider S 110" Screamin Eagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buddy of mine just bought a new leftover 2017 Low Rider S. It's a really good handling powerful bike. Really impressed me, but as I'm 6'6" it was like riding a mini bike lol. I'll post pics when I get them. The dealer threw in a 2 into 1 header (I'm assuming w/o cats) as part of the deal. Anyone looking for a performance cruiser should def look at this.

It's a BEAST
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
Nice! I would go back to a factory air filter though
Nice Dyna. Sad that Harley has dropped the Dyna. My son has owned 2 CVO Screamin Eagle Harley's and both came with Harley's version of the K&N filter. My Superglide has the Harley stage two paper filter. I don't care for the gauze filters either.

Real nice, I like the look of what HD has been turning out lately.
Ill have to pass too though, even at just 6 feet tall I feel crunched up on their touring bikes and really had to change out quite a few seats on the RK before I was comfortable, never mind the other smaller frame bikes.

That is the factory filter, it has the rain cover and perhaps a twisted slot cover on it, but the Heavy Breather came on that bike.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

That is the factory filter, it has the rain cover and perhaps a twisted slot cover on it, but the Heavy Breather came on that bike.

My bad, I always enjoyed the look of the teardrop factory filter (Used to have a Dyna). I always have concerns about performance filters not filtering, but if its paper and not K&N style you should be good to go.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Real nice, I like the look of what HD has been turning out lately.
Ill have to pass too though, even at just 6 feet tall I feel crunched up on their touring bikes and really had to change out quite a few seats on the RK before I was comfortable, never mind the other smaller frame bikes.

I'm 6'6" and have the same problem too. I ended up with forward controls and a Mustang wide touring seat. That combination fits me pretty well. The bike already had mini apes, but as I get older I'm finding lower rise bars would have probably been better as there is less wind drag.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

My bad, I always enjoyed the look of the teardrop factory filter (Used to have a Dyna). I always have concerns about performance filters not filtering, but if its paper and not K&N style you should be good to go.

No worries, and I agree with you, I’ve never liked the looks of those and would prefer the one used on the last Dyna’s.

2017-harley-davidson-dyna-low-rider-buyers-guide-1-1170x780.jpg

I’m pretty sure all the SE air cleaners are dry style.

I'm 6'3, so I kind of "get" the minibike feeling. I've taken demo rides on a Low Rider S and the new Fat Bob 114 and they both felt pretty compact. My Super Duke is a much rangier bike overall.

As for comparing/contrasting those two Harleys, I'd say the engines were fairly equal in power. The 114 M8 engine probably has an edge in refinement. The chassis are significantly different though. The Low Rider's Dyna chassis feels like it has a hinge in the middle somewhere. I rode an '08ish Fat Bob Dyna and thought it was trying to kill me. The new Softail chassis seems far more rigid and willing to corner. Better ride too from my limited experience on the bike, and the brakes are better on the FB to boot. Overall, the FB does nothing worse than the Low Rider S, and many things better. A clear win.

Last edited:
Thats a nice looking bike.

Is your buddy aware that his warranty could be in jeopardy since the bike was taken out of the EPA certified configuration? This was part of the EPA / Harley Davidson settlement for '17 and up bikes. Many don't care, and probably won't need the warranty, just an FYI. If the dealer did the mods prior to delivery I would hope they would step up for any coverage the MoCo denies. If you travel far from home and need service at a different dealer, it could be a different story. I have not experienced this first hand, but its all over the forums. I kept my '17 in config. for now.

Like I said, just an FYI and something to be aware of.

Originally Posted By: JetStar
Is your buddy aware that his warranty could be in jeopardy since the bike was taken out of the EPA certified configuration? ....

... I have not experienced this first hand, but its all over the forums. I kept my '17 in config. for now.

Like I said, just an FYI and something to be aware of.

You aren’t kidding, you could read for days if not weeks on the forums. There are even tales that the MOCO is requiring photographs of the exhaust before they will authorize powertrain warranty. If it has been flashed with a non-EPA tuner they will be able to tell as well. On top of that - if they void your powertrain during the warranty period, the ESP (if you have it) is allegedly void too..

If it were me I would get every factory part that was changed and keep it and have it in writing from the dealer that if the MOCO denied it they were paying (if the dealer did the work).

It is a nice looking bike and I like the looks of the pipe but they are LOUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back