Best new oil containers/bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems like many of the big manufacturers have come up with new containers for their oil. Pennzoil started that trend with their lovely yet a bit confusing scheme with their containers. Yellow bottle??? Sure. Now they all are yellow
smile.gif
Better be paying attention to what you actually are buying. Look at the label and back drop color on the sticker and you will get the one you want. Or if it would be my lady getting that oil?? It's yellow. So that is the right one... I have learned the hard way she doesn't closely read the labels on products so there are times where I don't get what I asked for.
Castrol's new oil bottles and 5 qt containers are better than their old ones in my opinion. Definite upgrade there. Valvoline has done the best in my opinion with their oil container changes. They look sharp and have a good resealable top to them. Kendall, Phillips 66 and Motorcraft changed theirs as well. The all red for the Kendall oil qt bottle is a great choice and looks great. Wally World oil containers are definitely different.. and still I am not sure who makes that oil for my area... Which ones do you all like and why??

Last edited:
Let me put it this way, Pennzoil's change was the most disappointing. I actually liked the look of their Ultra jugs. It set them apart from the rest of the product line even though it seems Pennzoil treats Ultra like their redheaded stepchild.

True indeed demarpaint. I liked the black color Pennzoil Ultra Platinum containers too. They were sharp.

At least that price is better. Don't understand why the prices up there are so nose bleed high...

Originally Posted By: bbhero
True indeed demarpaint. I liked the black color Pennzoil Ultra Platinum containers too. They were sharp.

thumbsup2.gif
I thought so, the all yellow jugs IMO were a cost cutting step backwards as far as marketing goes.

I like this one because it seals great after use. So it can be used a good transport container to take used oil in to be recycled.

The new one is better in my way of thinking.

Ditto. I do not care what they look like but this new design from Valvoline sure is easy to use. Both in pouring its contents out and pouring used oil back into it for recycling.

I think Pennzoil had a plan based on science. School buses are painted yellow-orange to achieve maximum visibility. As I walk toward the oil shelves, I see the yellow bottles first. Ed

I like the new VALVOLINE 5 qt. containers.
This is kind of off subject, but I think when the BITOG members call the oil containers a "JUG" it sounds so RED NECK-ISH to me. I think about one of those old drinking jugs they used to drink from on their shoulder back in the 19th century.
grin.gif

I like the bottle that comes with the full synthetic that runs between less than $13 a Jug final cost and up to $15. Have funnel don't need hype! My last Valvoline syntec was $9.98 a bottle in the final cost and that bottle is beautiful!

Last edited:
At least that price is better. Don't understand why the prices up there are so nose bleed high...

Fair trade and NAFTA!

Quote:
Have funnel don't need hype..

OT Since you mention it, sprung for a new funnel at WM, ~$2.50. Needed something with a wider outlet that would rest alone on ledges now used in some fill holes. Old cut open Castrol quart bottle works too, but this one has wider mouth to hold quart bottle or jug rest for complete drain. Used a couple times so far, works well.

flotool-funnels-fluid-extractors-siphons-05062mi-64_1000.jpg

Sorry, forgot to mention: Canadian dollars. Even so, we’re still getting hosed. $20 US

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot

Sorry, forgot to mention: Canadian dollars. Even so, we still getting hosed. $20 US

We get hosed way more on the Price of Gas! At least with Oil we can get a good sale price a few times a year like Black Friday and Boxing Day (After Christmas).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back