Honda OEM AF vs Bosch Workshop AF Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced Honda OEM AF with Bosch Workshop AF this time. Honda AF had ~37k miles, 5 years. I chose the Bosch WS this time because unlike many/most of the aftermarket AFs in this application the Bosch has the same pleat depth as the Honda. Many/most of the aftermarket filters only extend down from sealing gasket level into dirty side of air box. The Bosch is same as Honda oem, pleating extends from above sealing gasket on throttle body side down into air box on dirty side.

I had a pic showing straight comparison but accidentally deleted it after new AF installed. So just link to exact filter at Bosch site showing same as oem pleat depth in last pic. https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/filters/workshop-air-filter?partID=5157WS

This is the second Bosch WS I've purchased recently, pretty impressed with the quality of both. Rock Auto puts them in the "economy" category, and Bosch description describes as for professional installer. At least as far the AFs go, darn good imo for if they're supposedly a jobber/value tier filter.

Price for Bosch ~$16 with tax from Amazon, OEM Honda ~$24 with tax from dealer last time.

Bosch left, Honda right.

I'm due for an air filter and might just go with a Bosch now.

Thanks for sharing!

Those yellow/green OEM Honda filters are lightly-oiled, which makes me wonder why Fram doesn;t make Tough Guard/Ultra air filtyers for these applications
crazy2.gif

Anyway, glad the Bosch filter is good for your car
thumbsup2.gif

Great point slacktide... The Nissan air filter for my car is lightly oiled has well. Seems to be a Honda and Nissan thing.

Sayjac that Bosch filter does look good to me as well. What's the initial efficiency of it??? I have a Champion Lab air filter in my car that is 99% per ISO 5011.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Looks good.

What year / model Honda ?
07 Accord 3.0L

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I like the Denso AF I got for my Accord for $12.75 from Oscaro with free shipping.
Looking at it on the Denso site,'for this application' as noted in OP it uses same design as Fram (which I've used before) and most others. Media/pleats depth goes only from sealing gasket level into box on intake/dirty side. Probably ok but this time I was looking for same pleating depth/design as Honda oem.

Yes Honda oem is 'very' lightly oiled (can't remember if it was both sides), for whatever that's worth. Bosch WS same as majority, no oil. No complaints about the Honda, just thought I'd try something else this and Bosch fit my requirements in aftermarket.

As for efficiency, all linked Bosch site says is 98%, no ISO code. So doesn't mean much I suppose. Otoh as comparison, like most oem oil filters, the Honda AF has no efficiency rating, unknown. And Fram lists the ISO code, but I see no efficiency percent. Many AF say nothing about efficiency. IME, as opposed to oil filters, AF harder to find complete standardized ratings listed. Champ listing efficiency with percent and ISO, good if seemingly out of the norm ime.

^^^So Wix/Napa Gold and STP both have both percent and the standard ISO? On the Box? I looked at the Wix/Napa Gold, don't see the efficiency listed in the pop up spec detail box. Not doubting you, just wondering where it's found. I do see STP AF is listed in the AZ online spec sheet. A little leery of their online spec sheets, oil filters example, spec sheets now don't match new supplier box info, no rating. Fram is really weird imo, lists the noted ISO but no percent.

I did consider the Wix/Napa Gold in this application, had the pleat depth I was looking for. Actually they look identical to the Bosch. They were more expensive and having already purchased a WS filter and liking it's construction, went with it.

I like the Denso AF I got for my Accord for $12.75 from Oscaro with free shipping.

How did you get free shipping Oscaro seems to be competitive in terms of pricing!

OP, I like Bosch stuff for Honda
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs

How did you get free shipping Oscaro seems to be competitive in terms of pricing!

Oscaro runs free shipping promotions several times a year. If you sign up for emails, they'll notify you about sales and promotions. I've saved some decent coin by taking advantage of these deals on brake pads, rotors, filters, shocks and struts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back