Romaine lettuce E.coli

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were shopping at Fred Meyers on Sunday and noticed all the lettuce was pulled. Recall notices were posted.

Nice that I see a notice on here. Thanks. At the Sams club that I purchased 2 bags at I noticed the shelves were full of other things but the romaine I was like was gone. Thinking that the lettuce wasn't there because it wasn't selling well enough I continued to eat a salad with it Monday. A notice on the shelves would have been nice. Oh well, I didn't get sick so that is what matters.

Went to order a salad at a restaurant this week and they said "becuase of the lettuce thing, we have no salads".

I guess this is the "lettuce thing".

I like the Dole chopped salads, and most of them have chopped Romain lettuce in them. I called Dole's customer service number (1-800-356-3111) and they said they have not been contacted by the CDC or anyone else connecting their products with the Ecoli outbreak.

The news is saying throw everything out that has Romain lettuce to be safe. This is an situation where everyone is paranoid and just say throw it all out to take no chances.

Fred Meyer pulled all their bag salads as of this morning here as well, but Winco was business as usual. I am tired of bagged salads anyway.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Lol, lettuce is for rabbits. I'll stick to asparagus and avocado

I'm with you on that!

Originally Posted By: hatt
The joys of industrial food production

X2

Remember when you routinely rinsed fresh vegetables in running water?. Salads don't need to be transported thousands of miles wrapped in plastic, pre made because we then pay vastly more for them for the sake of a few minutes in the kitchen. Or am I just old fashioned?.

Claud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back