Starbucks or such

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too posh for coffee. Take a cup of Earl Grey though. Wouldn't go to Starbucks ever. After all the crying last few days if I need coffee I will have relatives in AB or NS bring it down via dog sled. Might drink Dunkin since they support NHL.

The other loca-ish venue is the High Speed Rail Station (Japanese-style Shinkansen train) though a bit far for a bike ride.

Used to be Lavazza. Better coffee, cheaper, nice decor and ambience with picture windows over the landscaped grounds, always almost empty.

Now its Starbucks. Worse coffee, more expensive, rather cramped with no view, and always busy.

Branding?

People are strange.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
"Too weak. Throw some coffee in the basket for Goodness sake! "

Exactly, weak wimpy coffee is pointless IMO. I use an old 60's era perculator and fill the basket about 3/4 by eye and that is enough and the coffee is good enough and strong enough.

I still have an old Farberware percolator. I don't use it as often as my Mother did but, still use it occasionally. I also like the old Pyrex(clear glass) stove top percolators...I think they were Pyrex? It's been a while!

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I think Stabbucks is all about being seen as wealthy and trendy.
My daughter likes Dunks better, but she likes to go to Stabbucks to see friends and enjoy the social scene. Stabbucks doesn't have a dozen old folks monopolizing the table space like Dunks. She told me that anybody who opened a Stabbucks near her school would make a killing as students who are not from New England refuse to go to Dunks.
Also seems like the employees at Dunks tend to be high school kids, very old, or maybe on work release. Stabbucks has a lot of people who look like they're maybe just out of college and couldn't find a better job with the BA in history, literature, or Mayan languages.

There's a SB's in the KROGER I shop at in the big city. When I see a person buying coffee from there they are usually wearing an Argyle sweater over their shoulders, wearing gator, or some kind of fine leather shoes, tennis type shorts, Dockers, with names like Biff, Buffy, Clara, Ambrosia, etc.
I buy my .99 cent RACETRACK coffee made by some of the same SB's blend coffee. Well, it does taste just like SB's. My xgf bought me a SB's coffee once. I put a piece of tape over the name and logo.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
If your’re Canadian, it’s Timmie’s (Tim Horton’s), basically Regular or Dark Roast. Decent price plus you can use their discount card. Would someone with a Masters of History be caught there? Ask the Premier of British Columbia.

...Discount Card??... is that just a Canadian Timmies Perk? I hit My Local Tim's at least once daily for My XL Double Double($2.15, 24oz)... and i've never heard of a discount card....

It was a sticker on each cup you place on your card and get a free coffee after buying a bunch. How about the Roll up the Rim contest. Do they have that?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
PEETS Major Dickason blend and 8' o Clock here
smile.gif

Starbucks is outrageously priced

Guy down the hall gave me a cup of “Charbucks” Italian … got any Rolaids or Tums?

I used to drink 7-11 coffee religiously. When I met my wife, she converted me to Starbucks. I like the Pikes and the Americanas which is a double shot of espresso, hot water and a splash of milk. McDonald's is pretty good in an emergency. I HATE Dunkin Donuts.
Fast forward to now, my wife has become insanely cheap so I make coffee at home now in a Keurig. I like Trader Joe's Colombian.
At work, during the week, I'm friends with the executive chef and he lets me use the Starbucks barista machine in his kitchen to make my own Americana. Drinking one right now.
Good stuff and the price is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back