Kawasaki H2 SX supercharged sport tourer

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing I like about that bike is that is has a 530 chain on it, and this comes from a guy who owns 2 Kawasaki STX 12F jet skies. Those skies are rock solid but they are NA, the superchargers have really muddied the waters on reliability vs performance. Used to be that only a mechanically inclined person would have a forced-fed motor and they were willing to trade reliability for performance, now everyone wants both and they can't even change their own oil.

Looks nice. My brother has been eye-balling this bike for his next purchase. 200 HP and 495 lbs dry. Basically a sport-touring Busa caliber bike.

Currently I have a Yamaha GTS-1000. Great bike but its getting on in years, and I was thinking of a FJR1300 to add to my stable / replace it. I might have to consider this H2S .

Not cheap. Video talks about cost in Euros. 19,500 Euros ($22,600 US) for the base SX and 23,000 Euros ($26,700 US) for the SE version.

Not cheap, but it is the most powerful Sport Tourer in stock form.

If I were looking for a new Sport Tourer, I think this would be it. I plan to keep my old heavily modded 'Busa for Sport Touring, and general mayhem.
grin.gif

Kawasaki officially announced Dec 1st that the new SX will be sold in the US. Price is slightly less than anticipated. $19,000 for base SX and $22,000 for the SE model. Go to Kaeasaki's website for more info.

Chat board popped up the day after the official word it's coming to the US. People getting excited about the new sport touring model. Will probably start showing up at US dealerships around March/April 2018.

https://h2sxriders.net/forum/

A review from John Burns. One of my favorite Motorcycle journalists over the years. He may have been excessively 'Thoreau' in the opening couple of minutes..

Article

Undoubtedly a beast of a bike, and well engineered. But the anime styling adopted by Kawasaki isn't my cup of tea.

I should be seeing and maybe taking one for a ride here soon, as my brother is picking one up in the next few weeks.

Met up with by brother today to checkout his new H2SX, SE version. Nice bike! Two bikes at different ends of the spectrum.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Nice. So how do you think it compares to your 'Busa?

My bro offered me a test ride, but I kindly declined since he just got it a few days ago and only has ~100 miles on it, and he's still breaking it in. I said I'd definately take a test ride later.

I did sit on it, and it felt to have a very similar riding position as my Busa, which I have Helibars on. He plans on raising the bars some if a nice aftermarket option comes out. The H2SX SE has tons of electronic gizmos on it - almost too much. My bro really likes the bike, and likes the gizmos. The color LCD dash is very nice. He's got a set of matching hard bags from Kawasaki on order.

For me, it wouldn't be a good idea. I'm glad I can't afford one. I have a 2017 Road Glide Ultra, it's plenty fast, stock. If I had that I would probably lose it to the cops. Here in Florida they can take it from you if you go 20 over the speed limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back