Can Honda MTF be used in Mazda transmission ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but why? Honda MTF isn't that great.

Many Honda owners switch to Amsoil or Redline MTL because OEM MTF shears down really quick.

It'd be fine though if you drain and fill every 20k miles.

I got rid of 2 Hondas and have 7 quarts of MTF leftover. Maybe sell it on BITOG ?

Yes, Honda MTF is nothing special.

What year Mazda 3?

I've been suffering with the OEM Mazda manual transmission fluid in my 2014 6spd. The fluid is like $28 a quart or something absurd yet I manage to shear it out of spec within 15k miles of daily redlining and constant revmatch downshifts as I slow down. I have 60k on the car and have changed the transmission fluid probably 5-6 times now.
33.gif

As soon as it starts getting crunchy thru my short shifter, a quick drain n fill instantly gets the gears sliding smooth as butter for another 15k miles...

I plan on trying different fluids during the next change. Already bought Redline MTF to see if it will be better then OEM. Otherwise, $60 transmission fluid changes until the wheels fall off.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I got rid of 2 Hondas and have 7 quarts of MTF leftover. Maybe sell it on BITOG ?

Yes, Honda MTF is nothing special.

If you already have 7 quarts, then I'd probably drain and fill every 20k.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
2018 Mazda 3.

Can't you find Mazda lube online much cheaper than $60 ?

Unfortunately, that's just the fact of life for this ridiculously expensive Mazda Lube. It's good stuff. Always makes my transmission smooth again but just doesn't last for me. Maybe someone with a Normal eco driving style can get the typical 60k miles out of it.

I'd be afraid of putting Honda Lube in the Mazda transmission of a new 2018 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back