Po-Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
N'awlins makes the best po-boys in the world. There are several stores/shops there that are better than others. And, IMHO, Johnny's is the BEST! (Mahony's is 2nd) My favorite po-boys are in this order;
1) Fried Crawfish
2) Fried Catfish & Shrimp
3) Roast Beef
Johnny's Roast Beef po-boys are so messy, that you have the juices running down your arms to your elbows onto the table. That's the SURE sign of a good Roast Beef po-boy! C'est Si Bon, mon sha'!
What's your favorite po-boy? If you're from La., which po-boy and shop?

http://www.johnnyspoboy.com/
http://mahonyspoboys.com/

I like a place not to far from me called Willie's Grill and Ice House. Good shrimp and catfish po-boys, but I really like their cheese steak.

Blue: now you made.me want the catfish and shrimp even more
20.gif

I baby sat in New O for a week....REAL fun to see a new town as the locals do.

The Po-Boys I had were all garbage. All bread etc.

I've always been let down by "Frame of Mind" food or "emblematic specialties". I wasn't surprised.

I won't even try a "Phillie Cheese Steak". I don't need to experience some street vendor's dead dog meat or cheap cheese.

Here are pics of Parkway. Wow, looks excellent and prices are just as good. They even have a gravy Po-Boy which has zero calories I am sure.
smile.gif

Dang...I love Po Boys in La. Just can't get that kind of food (or even bread) here in hipster-hipster land. I'd drive there just to EAT! So much fantastic food and good jazz. Can't get that kind of jazz here either.

I volunteered for a post hurricane clean-up crew many years ago. Can't even remember where we were. Slept on the floor in some elementary or jr. high. We wound up eating lunch at some M&P place. They served the real thing. The bread alone had so much flavor, then those crispy shrimp, home-made sauce & fresh vegetables. Wow...still remember that food. Ate there everyday for a week! I didn't want to leave but I was wore out from the work.

I don't go nearly that often...but clearly not enough. Thanks for your jazz links. Also love listening to BeauSoleil. Now THAT'S dancing music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back