Petronas Syntium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: pscholte
I wrote that during their nap time. Their beards are quite gray now.

I thought that all of the elves retired when their 'magic green elixir of life' was put out to pasture?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: zeng
Originally Posted By: Popsy
Not sure if you’ve seen my UOA of the Syntium 7000 0W40

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4152466/Re:_Petronas_Syntium_7000_0W40

It was old formula, but I’m currently running the new Cooltech stuff, and will do another UOA in June, already have the Wix kit.

I think what I used was made in Italy.

It's current (September 2015) Malaysian specs is as follows:

Not sure if it has similar specs as Euro/Italian version though.

Very similar (if not the same) as available in the UK. It was on my shortlist for my most recent change, but I was able to get M1 cheaper !

Here the Petronas is the cheapest 0W40 easily available. SHU 0W40 is even cheaper, but I have to order online, and order a big quantity to make shipping costs worth it. That's why I tried it first...hence the UOA, and was pleasantly surprised!

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: pscholte
I wrote that during their nap time. Their beards are quite gray now.

I thought that all of the elves retired when their 'magic green elixir of life' was put out to pasture?
21.gif

They did indeed but I still have to be careful about my tribological “associations.”
27.gif

Sorry to bump such an old thread.

Through some reading it seems as though the Mercedes branded 5W-40 used at a number if not most of their service departments is a branded bottle of Petronas synthetic. Im sure you could score some 5W-40 synthetic at your local MB dealer.

Planning on a UOA for my C300 when I hit the 1 year time limit in ~170 days - it has been exclusively serviced at MB dealerships since new so has probably been on their dealer 5W-40 synthetic swill since its first oil change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back