So far in such a short time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bought a brand new 2015 Honda Civic on 30 January 2016 with 43 miles on it. It had only 11 but I drove it a bit. Today I passed 150,000 miles! Paid off a brand new car in less than 27 months! Only 350,000 more miles. By then I hope to have either got a Acura Integra or Honda Prelude built. Shooting for around 350hp at the wheels tops. Car has lived on Casey's 87 ethanol free fuel, Pea based fuel cleaners, PUP 0w20 w Ceratec and 25k mile CVT HCF2 fluid changes. Happy Honda Days!!

Last edited by a moderator:
But...but...0W20 is WATER!!!!

;^)

Congrats on paying your car off quickly and hitting a big mileage target with (apparently) no issues.

You are going to spike the blood pressure of the “thickies “ with postings like this.

Congrats and many more miles to come.

150,000 miles divided by 35.3 miles per gallon = 4249.29 gallons of gasoline.

Multiply that by the average price of a gallon of gasoline that you paid and it will give you an idea of how much you spent on gas for those miles.

150K That honda is just getting broken in! He probably could have used 10w-30 instead and the only thing that would have changed is the timing chain would be in better shape.

I work in the trucking industry and I know many professional truck drivers who don't log that many miles in the time frame. What do you do that you log so many miles? That is mind boggling!!!

Got all the time in the world to drive. Friends live away aways, parents back up around Casper,WY and i like to go places. Most I did in 1 day was 825 miles in 13 hours. Most done in 1 week was around 2100 miles.

BTW, when you drive more than 15,000 miles a year it is usually a good time to buy a hybrid vehicle. And if you drive more than 15,000 miles per year a hybrid saves even more. The more you drive the more a hybrid will save.

The original poster should do some serious research about hybrids.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SOHCman
150K That honda is just getting broken in! He probably could have used 10w-30 instead and the only thing that would have changed is the timing chain would be in better shape.

Funny thing,I was just thinking today what effect 10W30 would have on my Accord. People on the Accord forums say don't do it.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Got all the time in the world to drive. Friends live away aways, parents back up around Casper,WY and i like to go places. Most I did in 1 day was 825 miles in 13 hours. Most done in 1 week was around 2100 miles.
What do you do for a living that allows so much free time to be driving all over the place? Are they hiring?
crackmeup2.gif

Ain't buying no hybrid. Unless I throw a b16 or H22 in a Honda CRX HF/Si.

Let's go more modern and do a K20 in a CR-Z. I bet it could still get naer 40 MPG on the highway.

You are my new favorite person. K20 in CRZ would be great. Thinking I still wanna buy older Civic/Integra. Gotta see about Nitrous 35shot/Cryo-injection on this current Civic added with Crower valves and springs.

You are my new favorite person. K20 in CRZ would be great. Thinking I still wanna buy older Civic/Integra. Gotta see about Nitrous 35shot/Cryo-injection on this current Civic added with Crower valves and springs.

I always thought that a mild nitrous shot would be a neat power adder for a modern street car. Screw the legality. It's not much different than adding a few pounds of boost. I know nothing of this cryo-injection, though.

Semi retired at 37!

I am jellin like Magellan!

Might join you when my kid gets out of college, but I'm way past 37.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back