Good/fun meeting today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today as I got home from the store there was a young fella looking around and underneath his black VW car. I walked over and asked if he needed a jack and blocks. He didn't. And he said he had some too. He said he had a minor oil leak and figured it was the plug had loosened a bit. He told me he has the oil changed prior to coming to my area. He had lived in West Virginia. He pulls the oil stick out and it was quite quite black. He laughed and said hey maybe they really didn't change it. To which I said, yeah that's darn possible. Car had 199k miles on it and I believe it had a cover on the motor that said GDI. I asked if he needed any oil and he said he some roopty Doo Lucas oil. He said he might just go on ahead and change it out soon anyhow. So we shook hands and I heard for my place across the way. I thought about it for a minute and went and got my 5 qt container of Valvoline Modern Engine 5w30. I went over to his place and gave him that oil to put in his car. I asked how many qts did the car hold and surprisingly he didn't know the answer. But I bet that could likely be enough. Anyhow.. felt good to get that to him. It will be way better than the oil that is in there.

A bit funny buy kinda of not funny was about two months ago that same car had all 4 windows DOWN at night with a strong rain storm coming in. A noreaster sure enough hit that night. I didn't know who's car it was and it was 2 am. So that car got drenched with rain and wind up to 35 mph the rest of the night with all 4 windows down. I felt kinda bad for the owner who I did not know. But I also thought what a world champion for not knowing what the weather forecast was going to be and leaving those windows down. Well I'm glad I know who owns that car now and where they live. So... Next time I can help them out by letting them know what the weather will be like and that their windows are down.

Last edited:
Always good when we can help...
cool.gif

Good job helping out.

Could it be the GDI cover on the motor actually said TDI? TDI = diesel which might help explain black oil fairly soon after an oil change? I know some of the engine covers on VWs have been FSI, TSI and TDI.
49.gif

Are you sure it didn't say TDI? That could explain the instant jet black oil.

Edit: NothngNew beat me to it!
23.gif

Last edited:
You know I am rather sure you are correct... My bad. Darn.. got that wrong
lol.gif

Good catch guys. Glad y'all could get me straightened out.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
You know I am rather sure you are correct... My bad. Darn.. got that wrong
lol.gif

Good catch guys. Glad y'all could get me straightened out.
Which would mean the Valvoline would not be the correct oil for it?

Originally Posted By: car51
God bless you bbhero. I always knew you had a big heart
smile.gif

car51, you beat me to that response.
bbhero, don't EVER change your ways. The world sure could use more people like you to help out the less fortunate.
God Bless you, Sir.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Which would mean the Valvoline would not be the correct oil for it?

Yeah, while I certainly admire the OPer's fine intentions, this is something to think about with a diesel...

Nah the TDI part of the equation.... This world champion typing this put in GDI
smile.gif

Question I have is does Lucas make a diesel oil??? Don't know. That's what the guy had on hand to put in it.

You know I did not think about that vehicle being diesel.. well hmmmm. Well the fella had an old Jeep that was gasoline for sure. So at minimum it could go into that.

Don't know. I don't know nothing much about VWs. As evidenced by this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back