NEW M1-103A filter CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this filter from when i did autozone M1 deal. Not very willing to put it on either of my Toyotas. I'll stick with WIX and tough guard and ULTRA

Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Too bad M1 only offers a shorty for the skinny 3/4-16 filters that Toyota uses

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Too bad M1 only offers a shorty for the skinny 3/4-16 filters that Toyota uses

Yeah, and the excessive glue slop is not good i say:(

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Thanks for the C&P car51.
The notches in the leaf spring, are those gauged to allow X amount oil to flow around the leaf spring? Or, are they for something else?
21.gif

Blue: i couldn't honestly say. Zee0Six could better answer that question

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Thanks for the C&P car51.
The notches in the leaf spring, are those gauged to allow X amount oil to flow around the leaf spring? Or, are they for something else?
21.gif

Blue: i couldn't honestly say. Zee0Six could better answer that question

You see how important you and your filter C&P's are? I/We will now learn something new.
banana2.gif

Notches in the leaf spring probably for strength and desired stiffness. Plenty of flow area for oil around the leaf spring without the notches.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Notches in the leaf spring probably for strength and desired stiffness. Plenty of flow area for oil around the leaf spring without the notches.

That's right!
When Ford came out with their new tailgates on their 2009+ F150's, they had more lines in them. When I was reading the new truck specs, it stated Ford did that for more rigidity (stiffness). So, there you geaux.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I missed something here. What is wrong with this filter?

Does not have FRAM written on it. All filters are open season for criticism except FRAM. FRAM is in a heavily patrolled protected area. It does have wide pleats. Whether it is a problem hasn't been shown. I don't think. The Patrol is very good at searching the internet.
laugh.gif

When there's an obvious problem with a Fram it gets its fair share of criticism just like any other filter around here. But when photos are posted and people make assumptions that there's actually a real problem with that specific filter based one instance of a problem over the last 3 years, then that's what gets challenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back