High concentrate injector cleaner in a engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a boat with a fuel tank of 60gallons.
My engine is now reaching 1000hours and its a 2008.
Its running a little bit "rough". I want to clean up injectors and intake.
Instead of removing all injectors a guy suggested me to remove the main gas line and use a separate line connected in a 5gallons of gas mix with high concentrate injector cleaner like P.i. Performance Improver Gasoline Additive from Amsoil.
High concentrate = 5gallons for all the P.I bottle. (Amsoil suggest 20 gallons for one bottle of P.i)
Do you see any problem running high concentrate injector cleaner through the gas pump ? (I mean can it damage rubber seals, diaphragm etc...)

Its a Volvo Penta gas pump

Once the 5gallons is burned, I will reconnect the gas line to the main tank.
In parallel of that I will Seafoam it.

0001881200001_500_X500.jpg

volvo_gas_pump.jpg

API.jpg

Of all the things I've tried B12 chemtool was the only thing that made a difference, give it a whirl.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Of all the things I've tried B12 chemtool was the only thing that made a difference, give it a whirl.

+1

I don't care for seafoam. If you don't like alcohol in fuel, why add a product that has more alcohol?

With a boat, i would not want alcohol in the fuel. Why buy ethanol free fuel then add alcohol back in with seafoam? Is mostly light oil and alcohol.

Last edited:
On diesels, there is lubro (liqui) moly diesel purge, which is a high concentration cleaner and fuel.

Startron is a popular additive for good reason in boat motors

+1 on redline SL-1 and B12 chemtool. Even the cheap Gumout at WM has PEA in it.

how long does it take you to use the 60gallons tank? Is it full now?
Are you in a rush?

Why not just start by throw 2 bottles of si1 into whatever you have in the tank and see if that resolves the issue over a longer time, even though thats just the "normal" shock dose, and not a double or quad dose.

If you get down to 10gallons and fill up the diluted remainder still is fine. Si1 is also a fuel preservative

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back