Laundry Detergent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides TIDE and PERSIL, what is the best overall liquid detergent for removing stains? I GOOGLE this and PERSIL was the best. Tide 2nd. In the cheaper detergents they state A&H CLEAN BURST, ALL, and GAIN dead last. They did rank GAIN as #1 in the best smell category. I'm asking here because some of the tests "MIGHT" be biased. I have used TIDE since my divorce, but am looking to save money, maybe, if I can find something similar to TIDE, at a lower price.
What 'cha got?

I use regular Tide and add Borax to it. Nothing cleans hands better than Tide (again, not liquid) after working on a car, but boy does it burn if you have a scrape.

Probably not a brand available to the States. A brand called Sunlight is almost 1/3 of the Tide up here.

In any case, if you want to save money I would suggest the powder instead of the liquid one. If you look at the numbers you can go so much further using the powder.

Two or three factories pump out all the laundry detergent. In the end it’s marketing that tells you which is better. Ever wonder why Proctor and Gamble makes multiple brands? Or Unilever? Or Colgate Palmolive?

Consumer Reports (Oct 2017) found Tide Plus Ultra Stain Release and Persil ProClean Power Liquid 2in1 to be the best. Cost about the same.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Two or three factories pump out all the laundry detergent. In the end it’s marketing that tells you which is better. Ever wonder why Proctor and Gamble makes multiple brands? Or Unilever? Or Colgate Palmolive?

You must not do any laundry.......

I've found the best is to pretreat and that will remove more than the most expensive cleaners.

I use ALL free and clear (liquid as the pods tested badly) and pretreat any major stains.

We like Era. Seems to be the best bang for the buck and gets my close clean after working on equipment. Heavy soiled clothes, blood or something else that stains bad, we will pretreat with shout.

Tide bothers my skin and persil smells horrible.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Originally Posted By: PimTac

You must not do any laundry.......

I do but it’s all the same stuff. I use All Free and Clear Liquid. I hate fragrances. On tough dirt I add Borax.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a laundry detergent equivalent of BITOG.

ERA is pretty good for getting out dirt and stains

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dyusik
I use regular Tide and add Borax to it. Nothing cleans hands better than Tide (again, not liquid) after working on a car, but boy does it burn if you have a scrape.

TIDE powder is the BEST for removing oil stains from concrete. When I used to tear engines down in my shop and oil would get on the concrete floor, I used powder TIDE and a broom to clean the stains. Did an awesome job! And, YES, it does burn if you have a cut on your hands when using it to wash them. That is its way of telling you it's working.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: newbe46
Probably not a brand available to the States. A brand called Sunlight is almost 1/3 of the Tide up here.

In any case, if you want to save money I would suggest the powder instead of the liquid one. If you look at the numbers you can go so much further using the powder.

Where I live they only allow liquid detergent in the machines.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
I've found the best is to pretreat and that will remove more than the most expensive cleaners.

I use ALL free and clear (liquid as the pods tested badly) and pretreat any major stains.

CR's rated ALL F&C the BEST in this category, in the non scented detergents.

Originally Posted By: volk06
We like Era. Seems to be the best bang for the buck and gets my close clean after working on equipment. Heavy soiled clothes, blood or something else that stains bad, we will pretreat with shout.

Tide bothers my skin and persil smells horrible.

Remember those commercials where they would write ALL on the shirt to pre-treat? I might consider ALL, or even WISK. WISK cleans collars pretty good, according to those old commercials.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back