P1 PL 14476, 2009 Corolla 11k CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i have another car and had it since last
May. 40,xxx miles on it. I first ran M1 0w40 SM in it for 6k. Then did a 5,000 mile run with M1 0w40 SM(last jug from stash)

Currently has EDGE 0W40 SN and FU 4386
smile.gif

Oh yeah filter made April 25, 2017 Line E and 2nd shift in Fayetteville NC

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Adam that looks pretty good for a tearalator on 40 weight oil. Small filter but all the same the ADBV even.

Thanks Johnny. I was surprised myself. Maybe tear o lator has learned a thing or 2 :^)

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
That Filter looks pretty good, I like the louvers pointing upwards...
Thanks fro the C&P...
Nice Pic's Adam.

Thanks Pete and you are welcome
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
In picture 6 that's the bypass valve. Picture 10 I see the metal seam crimp
Bypass valve. Though it maybe. My mistake on picture 10. Thank you Sir

How hard can it be to add two more pleats around the seam!? Media integrity depends on it.

Thanks for the C&P.

Originally Posted By: webfors
How hard can it be to add two more pleats around the seam!? Media integrity depends on it.

It has plenty of pleats ... they just can't space them correctly at the seam.

True. This actually looks a whole lot better than some of them have looked. Some of them looked like Helen Keller put the media in them
lol.gif

Last edited:
'Practically speaking', 11k miles over 'two' ocis (1k miles over P1 recommended use), no tears, no adbv indentions/cuts, got the job done over a very substantial fci. See praise for a filter on the board now with
Thanks for c&p.

A Corolla 09 with 40k is a nice find. The XG4386 is probably one of the best filters for it. This one did well, but even with a lot of open louvers I still don't like the sometimes ragged edges on them. Holes in the tube were fine before, they fixed what didn't need it.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
'Practically speaking', 11k miles over 'two' ocis (1k miles over P1 recommended use), no tears, no adbv indentions/cuts, got the job done over a very substantial fci. See praise for a filter on the board now with
Thanks for c&p.

You're welcome sir
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back