MATRIX DF1500H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,
I was wondering if there was someone here that could tell me what type of oil is required for a MATRIX DF1500H GAS GENERATOR. An on-line search told me to use 15/40 only, but I can only find that in the "Diesel" section of motor oils. Can I use that in my Gas Generator, or should I keep searching? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Wilf

Originally Posted By: LoB01
Hi Folks,
I was wondering if there was someone here that could tell me what type of oil is required for a MATRIX DF1500H GAS GENERATOR. An on-line search told me to use 15/40 only, but I can only find that in the "Diesel" section of motor oils. Can I use that in my Gas Generator, or should I keep searching? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Wilf

The 15W-40 Diesel, aka HDEO would work great in your generator. If it's kept outdoors in the winter using a Diesel HDEO 10W-30 would help with starting. If your generator needs to start in real cold climates you can even use a synthetic 5W-30 or 5W-40. I have a Briggs & Stratton 5500W generator and it recommends synthetic 5W-30 oil for all year round usage. With you being in Canada chances are you are not subject to the heat conditions of southern Florida where a synthetic such as a 15W-50 is advised if running for days at an end. I'm in New Jersey so I don't have to worry about that either. Can you get a manual to find out if a range of viscosity's are permitted?

Whimsey

I didn't buy it "new" so I didn't get a manual with it. However, an on-line manual quoted that I use (15W-40 ONLY) I just found it strange using Diesel oil in a Gas engine. Thanks a lot for clearing that up for me, Whimsey. I really appreciate your reply. Going to go set it up for the Sump Pump now. Major ice storm heading our way. (Only in Canada) .... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back