Help, I have a dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.
2003 Honda Accord 4cylinder. Doing the spill and fill thing. Bought a magnafine filter to replace the Honda one. Anyone want to tell me which way the filter goes, I’m guessing arrow (direction of flow) towards the radiator? Thanks!

Last edited:
Best not to compound your dumb question with a dumb post title. j/k

Some relevant info as to be courteous to potential responders and not responders

thank you.

Originally Posted By: Elijah1
2003 Honda Accord 4cylinder. Doing the spill and fill thing. Bought a magnafine filter to replace the Honda one. Anyone want to tell me which way the filter goes, I’m guessing arrow (direction of flow) towards the radiator? Thanks!
"The only dumb question is the one you don't ask." - Many teachers in my distant past

I'm pretty sure the arrow on the filter would point in the direction of the fluid flow. So in what direction does the ATF flow? There will be two lines from the transmission to the rad - one will be a supply line from the tranny to the heat exchanger (in the rad), and the other will be a return line from the heat changer to the tranny.

You need to determine which line is which, as Chris142 has said, and the only way I can think of is to pull one line at the rad and see which fluid flows (i.e. does it come out of the line, or out of the heat exchanger?).

Having determined the direction of fluid flow, I don't think it matters which line (supply or return) you tap into as long as the filter is oriented correctly.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Best not to compound your dumb question with a dumb post title. j/k

Some relevant info as to be courteous to potential responders and not responders

thank you.

Unfortunately too much time has elapsed to edit the title

Another dumb question is why are you using a sketchy plastic leaker instead of a quality metal OE filter?

27.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
Another dumb question is why are you using a sketchy plastic leaker instead of a quality metal OE filter?

27.gif

It’s now a metal filter.

Then its probably okay. Try to use Honda OE constant tension clamps from the dealer, avoid using worm clamps if you can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back