Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix 2WD and 4WD filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to change the filter and ATF out of our newly purchased 2006 Vibe 2WD. Do the 2WD and 4WD transmissions take the same filter? Also, which brands are recommended. I will most likely order from Amazon.

I believe like mentioned in your other thread on this, the filter is more of a screen. It won't hurt to replace it if it's mess inside the pan, but IMO, there's little value in doing so if not.

Use rockauto's product lookup guide; my recollection is they are different.

Consider ordering it from rockauto, since they supply the info you need. JMO.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Use rockauto's product lookup guide; my recollection is they are different.

Consider ordering it from rockauto, since they supply the info you need. JMO.

I’ll check em out. I’d like to order thru Amazon when possible since we have a card/acct there, but yes it sucks when looking for certain years/models on Amazon. They need to improve their car parts look up system.

Bam there it is! Rock Auto has an awesome web interface! So easy to use with all the info. Thanks simple gifts! I don’t know why I haven’t ordered from them a long time ago lol
smile.gif

Toyota has been using Filtran or Toyo Roki felt-based filters lately, it's not a bad idea to change it out once and not worry about it for a while.

I've done two of them in the family fleet - but I plan on installing a Magnefine on one car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back