Wynn's Stop/Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow it didn't take long to jump on the start/stop tech for an oil additive. Marketing at its best. I have a feeling it's like STP or Lucas Oil Stabilizer?

Everything from them and MOC is snake oil. We used to have Wynns at my work and now we are stuck with MOC. I have no problems saying all of their products belong in the dumpster instead of in any car.

Originally Posted By: Unearthed
What do you think this product consists of? Is it a Snake oil product?

https://www.wynns.eu/product/start-stop-engine-protector/

Wow! I remember Wynns snake oil products 45+ years ago. I thought they vanished from the market, guess not. I guess it's the miracle in the can still
31.gif
. BD, with all the warnings in today's owner's manuals about adding any supplements to any fluid can void the warranty I'm surprised your dealership does it.

Whimsey

MSDS is pretty lackluster, does have some esters and amines.

Have dealt with them a lot over the 90s...their sales manager was doing a perpetual fill in his Holden V-8 with M1, and 5,000km UOA, and additive (of course) top-ups, was an interesting side project.

Had a hydraulic system on an MDF plant that I was commissioning, that held 5,000L of oil, and unfortunately 1,000L of seawater from a shipping incident.

Mobilised Wynns, and they brought a vacuum dehydration/fullers' earth treatment plant and kidney looped the whole system. RE-additised the oil with gearbox treatment - when I queried, they showed me same additive, just less diluent in the gearbox versus the hydraulic additives.

Then, with foot in the door, they brought in the one armed bandit and wanted to do a grease "shootout" in front of the purchasing people...then cried foul when I brought out the $400/tub moly/graphite/teflon/PAG rolling press grease.

Funny, even with a full shelf of them at the parts store, it's like their products are invisible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back