Jobsite Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just retired from the electric utility industry after 40 yrs . The last 2 1/2 I was a Foreman . The amount of paperwork involved to do any task has gotten unbearable , and all it takes is a Manager trying to make a name for himself to totally ruin your day . Workers using the safety card to shut down a job was becoming more common too . I believe in safety and my record proves it , but I knew when I'd had enough of the [censored] games .

Originally Posted By: Danomite
I just retired from the electric utility industry after 40 yrs . The last 2 1/2 I was a Foreman . The amount of paperwork involved to do any task has gotten unbearable , and all it takes is a Manager trying to make a name for himself to totally ruin your day . Workers using the safety card to shut down a job was becoming more common too . I believe in safety and my record proves it , but I knew when I'd had enough of the [censored] games .

Absolutely. I'm just a lowly production tech at my facility and for some jobs, the paperwork associated with safety takes me longer to do than to complete the job. Plus, if something goes awry and things have over the years, the big guns are aiming right at me, atleast initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back