Very CRUDE OCI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I titled this thread correctly.
I couldn't believe this when I saw it! There are so many CRUDE things this guy does. I wonder how many you can find?
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Taildragger
That was too painful to finish.

I agree!
What country does that car come from, Russia?

Maybe Romania?

What is that thing that looks like a big pickle jar by the firewall on the passenger side (top right corner of screen @ 0:38)? A coolant reservoir?

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I skipped through it, but I liked the zero rev hang at the end!

You need to watch it all to get the full effect.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo

In Russia, the oil changes you.

^^^ That's funny! ^^^
lol.gif

I really thought those annotations about no leaks were for when he would double-gasket it at the end, oh well.

He really wanted to show that strap wrench off, I find it odd that he would spring for the strap wrench but not a real drain pan? I also cringed when he jacked it without a block on the frame of the car, gross.

Poor Dacia. I hope somebody local schools him. I think the concept of of the ratchet eluded him. Where are Dacias from? Balkans?

I stopped 11 seconds into it.

That's when he "cleaned" his dip stick off the filthiest, black oil encrusted rag I've ever seen. No wipe would have been better.

I agree!

The motor oil is Romanian, so I'd assume Romania.

Originally Posted By: blupupher

I agree!

Maybe Romania?

What is that thing that looks like a big pickle jar by the firewall on the passenger side (top right corner of screen @ 0:38)? A coolant reservoir?

Romania, looks like a Renault 12 knock-off.

My Parent's Renault 16 had a big pickle jar, PRESSURISED expansion tank, made of glass...thick heavy glass...in 19675.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Romania, looks like a Renault 12 knock-off.

My Parent's Renault 16 had a big pickle jar, PRESSURISED expansion tank, made of glass...thick heavy glass...in 19675.

Yup, Romania.
Dacia was a local knock-off, continued for many years from a Renault license from the 70's
The reputation was, you had to have the motors/engines made to French specs to be in good shape...

Incidentally, some Scandinavian country had .... Dackia...

Originally Posted By: 4WD
I rode in a Dacia Duster in Constanta - the port city on the Black Sea …

Dacia is part of Renault now.
They are the cheaper offering line...

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
I stopped 11 seconds into it.

That's when he "cleaned" his dip stick off the filthiest, black oil encrusted rag I've ever seen. No wipe would have been better.

No big deal. Lots of shops use dirty rags or funnels.

The jacking, running engine without oil, and running diesel in the crankcase on the other hand.

Sweet Baby Jesus, what did I just watch??? Does this pass as routine maintenance in other countries?

I stopped watching twice and then read some comments and continued. I should've stopped when he rolled out the front window shade under the car. The bottle jack on the brick was redneck. (I stopped there the first time) The engine starting with no oil. (I stopped there the second time) The diesel, which was really gasoline, in the crankcase and then starting and running had me twitching. This hurt to watch. This was a how to on what NOT to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back