1972 Lincoln OCI And Inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a reply in the oil section about my dads 72 Town Car. I wanted to go look for the paint code of his blue TC. It's called Moondust Blue. Makes you wonder about those paint engineers in the early 70's, right? Anyway, I came across this guy changing his oil on his '72 Lincoln. He does an in depth show and tell about the different oil filters made for the 460 engine in his car. I thought you might find it interesting how oil filters were made back then. It should make for a great conversation here. Enjoy!
smile.gif

Thanks for the vid! What oil do you use in that 460? I just made a thread asking for recommendations in that exact engine.

Originally Posted By: wewsnu
Thanks for the vid! What oil do you use in that 460? I just made a thread asking for recommendations in that exact engine.

I just replied to your thread. It's my dads TC and he uses Mobil Delvac 15W40. Your thread was the reason I made this post. I was looking for the name of his cars paint color after I replied to your thread. I ran across this video in that search.

Thank you!!
grin.gif
I killed a good period of time at work watching your video, it was interesting to see what all was in these filters back then. No idea who came up with these color names, marketing or the designers. Either way, they're amazingly fun!

I can see why nobody makes a "bypass spin-on" like what he shows with design used in those old Hastings and Casite filters. If lots of oil flows through the open hole or the coarse mesh screen in the dome end, then lots of oil isn't being filtered at all. He says at time 16:10 that those filters are more efficient than a full flow filter, but I disagree. How could they be more efficient of half the oil isn't filtered at all. As usual, most people posting YouTube videos don't really understand oil filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back