07 acura MDX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Acura MDX has 100k, just brought it, says 5/20 on it. In Europe they use a 5/30 which is fine, what do you think about Castrol 0/40 in this J series engine when it was never spec for a 0w/xxx. I like the Castrol 0/40 for the Pao and it's cheap compared to Redline

I've run just about everything in my 2 J-Series engines and it just doesn't seem to matter to them. Maybe a small % mpg difference but that would be it.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Why not a name brand 5w-30, considering its mileage?

thumbsup2.gif
5W-30 is a whole easier to come by than 0W-40 on sale or by brand.

In our 2006 TSX with 180K miles, I use 5w20 M1 High Mileage.
The oil filler cap sez 5w30; I called the dealer and asked what they were using.
5w20. All good.
For you car, I would go by the cap.

Last edited:
I used.either 5w40 or 10w40 as top off in out Pilot and noticed no difference.

It took the whole litre if I remember correctly but it wasn't full when we started using it.

Can't.say I noticed much of a difference.

Originally Posted By: CT8
What is so special about PAO?

I would read into about Pao (group IV base stocks)

The Bible says build a house on rock, not sand, the better base stocks, you have to add less to them to perform at the same level, the oil companies, use a group III, add a ton of stuff to make them perform at the same level. I would rather have a PAO to start with

Originally Posted By: bigjl
I used.either 5w40 or 10w40 as top off in out Pilot and noticed no difference.

It took the whole litre if I remember correctly but it wasn't full when we started using it.

Can't.say I noticed much of a difference.

In the US z my Accord it says use 0/20. When I Google the engine number, the rest of the world says to use 5/40, or 0/40. I put in 10/30 bc I had it around. VTEC is way better and smoother. Gas Milage, no change. Next change in the Accord is 0/40. BTW the Accord is a 4 cyl. K24z2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back