Do you wear a watch anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't worn one since I got a smartphone. Seems like they're trying to make a comeback as a fashion or status symbol.

Same here ZZman...been a long time. I wore it one day and noticed I was banging it on things (out of practice). I like them...just rely on my smart phone more than I should I guess.

Last edited:
I got out of the habit of wearing a watch a few years ago because we had a bare below elbows infection control policy at work.

I am started wearing my Dads old watch after gettinf it fixed recently.

Nothing fancy just a Seiko from the early 80's

I haven't worn a watch in years. No need since my cell phone is always with me and it has a clock that never requires to be reset.

I do if I'm out of the house. I like the feel of it on my hand, and it's quicker to glance at a watch than to pull my phone out of my pocket to check time.

Other than that, it's just male jewelry.
smile.gif

Since my inexpensive Casio Thunderball Submariner diver replica died purchased at RadioShack?) I haven't, except when I wear a suit, which is at: weddings, funerals and Job interviews (sometimes).

I miss that Casio. I got an Invicta self-winding of same style (Rolex submariner/stainless) but one of the hands is incorrect for that design and it bothers me.

Maybe I pull cord on another casio. I like the diver rubber "bracelets" for anti- allergenic purposes and less propensity for arm-hair "biting".

I almost always have a watch on. I like being able to sneak a look at the time without having to pull out my phone, which I feel can be tough to do in some cases without being offensive or disrespectful.

I agree that they are largely just an accessory more than a necessity. I like that mechanical watches have made a huge resurgence after almost being completely wiped out by quartz technology.

ARCO, if you haven't already, try your watches on a NATO strap. Even more comfortable than rubber straps. I don't wear metal bracelets for the same reason, nickel allergy. NATOs (and ZULUs) also wrap behind so that the stainless caseback doesn't even touch your skin. They also offer secondary protection in case one of the spring bars break, the watch head will stay strapped on.

Cheap Casio digital, very convenient.

A hundred or so years ago, advances in technology made it possible to wear a wristwatch to avoid the inconvenience of having to pull a clumsy pocket watch out of your pocket to check the time. Now some people have regressed to pulling out a cell phone that's bulkier than a pocket watch, just to see the time. (Yes, I understand it can do other things ... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back