NAPA SILVER 21334 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd filter here that its "made in UK"

Off a friends 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe with Napa Syn 5w30 for 6k. Put a Premium Guard OEM look a like filter on with Maxlife blend 5w30. 114,xxx on vehicle.

You're welcome. Yeah, I'd say it did good
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
car51, as usual, great C&P. Very unusual filter though. What is the groove for in the canister?

Thats what i was wondering as well

Originally Posted By: car51
Odd filter here...

Indeed, for several reasons. Obviously the coo, UK. Also though, not a typical/spec 1334 (9688/3593a application) oil filter. Typical US Wix 1334 has a sealing gasket more central to outlet/mounting hole, a wider filter. Topic filter has sealing gasket on outer edge diameter of filter, like the 7317 applications. And the no endcap type construction, not seen US Wix or Wix 'made fors'. So unique. Not sure where the Napa seller/supplier dug this one up, but out of the norm for sure.

Thanks for c&p.

I used one of those back around 20 years ago on mine and a friends car (we both had Hondas). I think it was a Rockhill filter brand that bumper to bumper had as the cheaper wix, but I remember looking at a Napa Silver and they were the same then also. I even cut it open and to my recollection was exactly the same as the pictures. Weird that Wix uses this filter for the silver and a totally different construction on the gold.

I decided to stay with a wix or purolater back then as they gave me a more confidence than an odd ball filter.

Looks like it did its job - is that rust under the base plate?

Originally Posted By: cmlind
I used one of those back around 20 years ago on mine and a friends car (we both had Hondas). I think it was a Rockhill filter brand that bumper to bumper had as the cheaper wix, but I remember looking at a Napa Silver and they were the same then also. I even cut it open and to my recollection was exactly the same as the pictures. Weird that Wix uses this filter for the silver and a totally different construction on the gold.

I decided to stay with a wix or purolater back then as they gave me a more confidence than an odd ball filter.

Looks like it did its job - is that rust under the base plate?

Yeah some rust on baseplate
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back