Hardware store of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I have memories of 84 lumber in Newark, Delaware.
Before anybody heard of those other places it was the only game in town.
my father took me there often in the 60's-70's and in the winter it was painful for a kid.
One heater at the sales checkout and the rest was frosted............... COLD!

Even though the HD and Lowes built around them it still stands today.

I am originally from the Eastern Shore of Maryland but lived in Newark for about 9 years after getting married. I bought a lot of stuff from 84 lumber. That was in the 70's.

Ace has the best assortment of bolts, nuts, washers, springs, doo dads, and doohickeys of any p[lace around.
Hardened metric flange bolts up to 14mm and 250mm long with hardened nuts and washers are no problem. Stainless and chrome in metric also, all brand name USA made high quality.
Half my car is held together with ACE hardware nuts and bolts that replaced VW TTY garbage.
lol.gif

There are a couple nice Ace stores around here. I'm not so big on paying Ace prices for Chinese stuff so I normally only go there when I don't think Tractor Supply or Lowe's have it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Ace has the best assortment of bolts, nuts, washers, springs, doo dads, and doohickeys of any p[lace around.
Hardened metric flange bolts up to 14mm and 250mm long with hardened nuts and washers are no problem. Stainless and chrome in metric also, all brand name USA made high quality.
Half my car is held together with ACE hardware nuts and bolts that replaced VW TTY garbage.
lol.gif

Evidently all Ace stores don't carry the same stock. It's mostly China stuff here. Heck. They had China Craftsman hand tools years before they showed up to Sears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back