List of free stuff for maintaining your vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, not a maintenance question just sharing this fun article about free stuff for your car

(link removed - non sponsor site)

wonder if that car wash in tampa will actually send the microfiber cloths

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mixed feelings about the free check engine light scan thing. It is a good thing if done right but people don't seem to grasp that getting a code is just the first step in diagnosis. I have seen some of the printouts from Autozone suggesting what may cause the code and a lot of them are way off.

Pretty thin list with nothing useful on it at all except the cloths, maybe. Mildly surprised.

Free tyre repair might just possibly be a tyre sales opportunity, and its only reasonable to expect them to be quite conservative on what was repairable.

DIY tyre plug kits here are almost free, and seem to work OK.

I can do 37 times better than this wishy-washy list, and I'm sure that most of the folks out here can easily equal that prime achievement.

You want to advertise free? Here? Really? Consider this game on. The BITOG mafia does not tolerate anyone encroaching on our territory. You see that mostly empty bottle of Mobil 1 on the corner? That's a marker. We own this place! Well, we kinda know the guy who does but that's not important right now.

I'll give you a guess who is ranked #1, #2, and #3 whenever someone Googles "tightwad car"

That's right. The Hulk Hogan of tightwads. Steven Lang. Yours truly. The king of cheapskate swing and the purveyor of all things cool. Walmart barricades their door when they see me coming along in my paint deficient lime green Ford Taurus that I got for a hundred bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back