Pulled trigger on new compact SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sold my wife’s 2005 Legacy turbo wagon with 230k miles dripping oil(revealed) for $2000!

My wife wanted a wagon(Golf Alltrakc) but roominess went to 2018 Tiguan. We got a really decent price compared to other popular SUVs in segment but she liked VW more especially Apple play/interior/space/quiet/third row in a pinch. Personally I don’t think the 8 speed Aisin is not perfectly sorted but she much preferred(automatic) over the CVT offerings.

So if they can find a certain model with Black exterior/light grey interior/huge sunroof/3rd row option for tiny kids she getting a new vehicle.

Did you verify that tiny kids in car seats, facing in the appropriate direction for their age/mass fit well in the second/third row?

I couldn't imagine tiny kids in car seats in the third row, would be inconvenient.

But good choice if it all fits! My brother has a new GTI with the apple integration and it seems to work really well!

Friends carting is purpose of third row locally. Booster fit. We have a thirstier/larger 3 row vehicle and did not want another.

She got demo model and was able to take to work 35 miles each way highway. It managed 32 or 33 MPG despite a much lower epa rating of 21/27. Consumer reports seem to cross check the underrated EPA MPG figure.

Very cool. I always like the Tiguan. A friend of mine had one as a loaner a year or two back he's 6'2" and remarked on how roomy and comfortable it was for him.

Originally Posted By: JTK
Very cool. I always like the Tiguan. A friend of mine had one as a loaner a year or two back he's 6'2" and remarked on how roomy and comfortable it was for him.

Ive generally found that VW has good headroom and legroom in their designs. Especially with sunroofs which typically get in the way.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
The new Tiguan is sweeeeeet!

No photos?

Locating color combo she wants from other out of state dealers in 2nd trim level from base model. Pics will come.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
The new Tiguan is sweeeeeet!

No photos?

Locating color combo she wants from other out of state dealers in 2nd trim level from base model. Pics will come.

Lol I just edited my post because I re-read yours.

Let us know when you find the one!

Well congrats if you end up getting one and it sounds like you will!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
SE 4-Motion? SEL?

I need to get a close up look at one of these.

SE 4motion, my wife did not like the power hatch. Of course dealer has SEL in stock in her choices but spending nearly $3k not worth it too us.

I wanted budget to be 26k but over that by $1500 which we can swing in the $10k loan for this.

Good choice! I bought one in February and was just in a serious accident. Vehicle totaled on Wednesday but the car did its job and I walked away. I just picked up a replacement yesterday.

Tons of room and the mpg are surprisingly good. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Been sniffing around an Atlas myself. Good luck!

Thanks apparently all built off same platform. We may peek at that used beyond Subaru new offeringcalled Ascent in a few years when my 185k 07 MDX with rot needs replacement.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Been sniffing around an Atlas myself. Good luck!

I have a feeling that the Atlas is going to be a winner in the VW lineup.

OP, congrats on your future Tiguan. They are a nice vehicle and if taken care of should last for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back