Aftermarket Deep Pan 4L60E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else ... for around what those can cost I bought a B&M plug (toss nylon seal and use copper washer), remote filter w/ spare ports, and a small cooler ...
Do pan dump and XG16 in 20 minutes ... clean and easy

From what I learned from researching for a 6L-90, the pan gives you more capacity, the cooling fins add a bit of cooling but in most cases I examined you leave the filter where it it is. The extra capacity does not get circulated through unless the get a lowering kit? Don’t recall seeing one. Also, obviously you want the plug to do partial dump and fills and make things less messy when you change the filter.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
There is always Mag-Hytec.

lol thats waaaay too expensive

thanks everybody for your input but i am asking about this cheap one i found, not ones that cost $100-300.

Originally Posted By: dogememe
thanks everybody for your input but i am asking about this cheap one i found, not ones that cost $100-300.

I would assume it’s pretty thin and that could lead to leaks … why not just get a drain plug kit … as I noted once you put a copper washer on them they are leak free and cheaper yet …
My 4L60e pan:

Nothing wrong with that first pan. And it is even cheaper than Dorman (stock size) pan
smile.gif

It seems odd that the product description doesn't address the filter. A lot of aftermarket deep pans come with a filter extension.

The Dorman is shaped exactly like the stock deep pan on 1999-up 4L60E trucks. It might not hold an extra 3 quarts, but the stock "deep" filter would fit. Some Amazon reviews complain about the drain plug gasket and a batch of mis-stamped pan rails, though.

Originally Posted By: 4WD

I would assume it’s pretty thin and that could lead to leaks … why not just get a drain plug kit … as I noted once you put a copper washer on them they are leak free and cheaper yet …
My 4L60e pan:

I agree. Bought my drain plug kit for around $10. Installed in stock pan.

Originally Posted By: Ryan02SS
Originally Posted By: 4WD

My 4L60e pan:

I agree. Bought my drain plug kit for around $10. Installed in stock pan.

I only pull the pan every 3 years … but so nice to get most fluid out 1st since I’m wrestling really close to the front drive shaft

Find a 99+ truck with that transmission. A lot of them had the deep pan with a drain plug. I upgraded the pan on my 98 K1500 back in the day with a stock deep pan with drain plug that I bought from the dealership. I think I read that they don't sell them anymore though.

I'm using a Derale deep pan with cooling fins on mine, adds ~2 quarts. Comes with a magnetic drain plug as well, which makes it easier to change. Mine had the GM "deep pan" from the factory - bare in mind the filter will not fit, it does not clear the fins - you will need the thinner metal filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back