Pain??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I pulled out a small hair out of the very forward part of my nostril with one quick jerk. The pain was very localized and nearly brought me to tears. I find it difficult to describe the intensity of the pain and the small area of focus. One small drop of blood appeared and that's all I had to show for such an intense pain, that and the tiny hair with the root attached. I pinched my nose and walked around until the pain subsided. This is something I'll never do again.

Yeah OneEyejack I just use very good sharp scissors for that circumstance. It is amazing where pain can be so much worse in certain places versus others. Around the lips when a white head pops up is another area for me that can easily bring tears to my eyes.

The sneezing is a funny side effect.

Originally Posted By: Kira
I was told pain closer to your brain is more intense.

Take a pinch of cayenne, and snort it like snuff...utterly amazing pain (but it gets the sinuses cleared)

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Take a pinch of cayenne, and snort it like snuff...utterly amazing pain (but it gets the sinuses cleared)

Horseradish is another good sinus clearing food. And you don't have to snort it.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Originally Posted By: Shannow

Horseradish is another good sinus clearing food. And you don't have to snort it.

WHEW, how true! When I boil shrimp indoors it's like an outdoor mini crawfish boil, just on my stove. I make a mixture of horseradish sauce and ketchup for dipping. Sometimes I like more horseradish sauce. And, I pay the price! It makes my eyes water, A LOT!

Pain is weakness leaving the body. You'll be strong like bull with no nose hairs.
Best shrimp cocktail ever, anywhere, is at St.Elmo's in Indianapolis.

Don't pluck nose hairs, they can grow back ingrown and that is painful. And you should not have blood coming out after plucking a hair.

Originally Posted By: mk378
Don't pluck nose hairs, they can grow back ingrown and that is painful. And you should not have blood coming out after plucking a hair.

Nose hairs are as thick as facial and chin hair, sounds painful.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
This is something I'll never do again.

The next time won't be so bad, and so on. It really does get easier and far less painful when done frequently.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Nose hair, ear hair, and prostate exams. The bane of getting older!

Don't forget colonoscopy!
spankme2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Nose hair, ear hair, and prostate exams. The bane of getting older!

Don't forget colonoscopy!
spankme2.gif

WHEW! Bad memories there spasm3!
27.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Lets not forget bad breath / decaying teeth, associated with getting old.

T7, I always go to the dentist twice a year for a cleaning, February and August. I have been doing this religiously since my induction into the military (1984). Before that I only went when needed.
Last year (Sept.) I had a sore throat and this strange taste in my mouth. My gf came out and told me my breath stunk! I was floored! I started brushing my teeth more, rinsing more, to no avail. After a visit to my dentist, he said everything was okay with my teeth, but my throat looked very red. He suggested that I make an appt. with an ear, nose, and throat Dr. I made the appt. and she discovered some chunky white "pebbles" in my tonsil area called TONSIL STONES. I had TONSILLITIS. After (9) days on antibiotics, I had to have my tonsils removed, which is usually done when you're a child. I tell you what, I'm glad that I was diagnosed and that was fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back