Super-S vs Chevron supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using super-S in the Tahoe. It completely stopped the usage problem. But our Kmart closed. I can get Chevron @ Costco for a good price. Think it's on par with the Super-S?

I just saw Super-S at the Shell station near work. But it's quite a bit more than what Kmart sold it for. I'm sure Chevron oil is better quality tho.

Just have to try it. I have always had good luck with Chevron products. It might be near enough to get you what you want
smile.gif

Maybe.. more than likely. I have run both in my Nissan Altima 3.5 VQ. Both ran very quiet in there. Chevron supreme I would like to try as well.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have been using super-S in the Tahoe. It completely stopped the usage problem. But our Kmart closed. I can get Chevron @ Costco for a good price. Think it's on par with the Super-S?

I don’t know of any bad products from CVX …

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: Chris142

I don’t know of any bad products from CVX …

^^^^This

I have used both and they are very comparable. My oil consumption in my Dodge was approximately 10% better using Chevron vs Super S using 10w-30. I also think the Formula Shell currently on sale at Home Depot would be a good choice to consider.

Just stay away from Peak or Supertech conventional if you have an oil consumption problem unless you are looking at the 50 wt. oil.

Originally Posted By: JBinKC
I have used both and they are very comparable. My oil consumption in my Dodge was approximately 10% better using Chevron vs Super S using 10w-30. I also think the Formula Shell currently on sale at Home Depot would be a good choice to consider.

Just stay away from Peak or Supertech conventional if you have an oil consumption problem unless you are looking at the 50 wt. oil.

I'll pretend i didnt see this statement as its hogwash and not even close to being believable

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
Chevron Supreme is real oil; not like that mickey mouse stuff that comes in the yellow bottle.

What? Your such a troll.

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
Chevron Supreme is real oil; not like that mickey mouse stuff that comes in the yellow bottle.

That's not funny..... not at all.
Your first name backwards is sad. Seems to fit what you normally correspond with here.

Please elate your thoughts to refute my commentary other than a predetermined biased opinion of your own.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
That's not funny..... not at all.
Your first name backwards is sad. Seems to fit what you normally correspond with here.

choose-right-motor-oil1.jpg

I meant this yellow bottle. Which yellow bottle did you think I was talking about?
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back