Mini Cooper oil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulling the trigger on a 2013 Mini Cooper S.

Any other Mini owners out there ........what engine oil are you using?

We have a 2012 Mini. Owners manual specifies oil that is LL-01 or LL-01 FE certified. The most prolific oil meeting that is Castrol EDGE 0W-40, which is a fantastic oil and a great value.

As for the car, be prepared for repairs and stay on top of maintenance. The engines are notoriously repair-prone. Being a direct injected turbo engine with a small oil sump, I would do no more than a 5k mile OCI. Recommend a good aftermarket air/oil separator to keep carbon buildup in the intake ports and valves at bay. Spark plugs also need to be done every 40k at least. It’s amazing how nasty they get and how much difference it makes changing them.

Last edited:
I have a co-worker who has a 2013 Mini Cooper and for one reason or another it's always at the dealership mainly for electrical Gremlins and is nickling and diming him. But he still loves the car and has said that he'll replace this one with another mini cooper.

We have a 2009 Clubman with over 100k on the clock. We like it a lot. I changeg the oil annually using BMW/Mini 0W-30 Synthetic.

Castrol EDGE 0W-40. The 'S' is more trouble prone than a Justa Cooper but the key is maintainence. Go to North American Motoring.com and read all about your model, find the problem areas and all the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back