Ford filter video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Just because it was asked about again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g8x6RlI8bQ

Great video, was posted about 3 months ago.

WOOHOO! BUILT FORD TOUGH!
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Passing a test spec is one thing ... manufacturing QA to keep making a good product during massive production is another thing.
They don't USCAR-36 test every filter coming off the production line. Motorcraft probably ran the USCAR-36 testing on a few pre-production filters to "qualify" them before giving the green light for full production, then let the production start. Who knows what kind of QA and sample testing they do during production. If they were smart they would pull some from production every so often and test them, but that's expensive stuff.

I'd like to think Motorcraft-Ford is on top of it. Its very well known Puro's and MC's have been having problems.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Passing a test spec is one thing ... manufacturing QA to keep making a good product during massive production is another thing.
They don't USCAR-36 test every filter coming off the production line. Motorcraft probably ran the USCAR-36 testing on a few pre-production filters to "qualify" them before giving the green light for full production, then let the production start. Who knows what kind of QA and sample testing they do during production. If they were smart they would pull some from production every so often and test them, but that's expensive stuff.

I'd like to think Motorcraft-Ford is on top of it. Its very well known Puro's and MC's have been having problems.

Who knows ... if I was Motorcraft I'd tell Purolator they better get their [blank] together or else we'll be pulling the filter manufacturing contract and finding another vendor who can build them right to the Motorcraft specs.

Fram Ultras are my choice for vehicles but with commercial mowers the FL-910s has been great.
No issues and cut opens show no issues as well. The 910s seems to be the star of the MC show.

Since the lab in the video may be be a for hire lab, and the guys in it need to pay their boat payments, it's too bad all those unknown efficiency guessed at filters couldn't be tested. Wonder who owns this this lab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back