Reuben

Status
Not open for further replies.
A local mom and pop place near me makes a reuben with their homemade bread. $4.99 and its best reuben i have ever had.

Any reuben sandwich lovers here?

Yes but I have to make it as I trust NOBODY to address the fat content of the corned beef.

Fatty sandwich meat is garbage or bird food as far as I'm concerned.

I love a good Reuben as well.
However, although there are a few places around here that can do a decent one, I haven't found one that is great.
Every time we go to California, we end up at Brent's Deli in Westlake Village. Probably about the best that I've ever had.

Originally Posted By: car51
A local mom and pop place near me makes a reuben with their homemade bread. $4.99 and its best reuben i have ever had.

A place near me makes a great Reuben sandwich, but it is $12.00

I'm always on the hunt for a good Reuben sandwich. Best one so far was at a small Mexican place, now closed. Probably the goose grease they used?

Originally Posted By: car51

Car51, you're making me hungry. I love Rueben sandwiches. You should have snapped a pic for us!

satin silver,

That’s worth every penny of that $15.50
20.gif

It really is and as good as it looks. Makes your mouth water. Here is half corned beef and half pastrami.

Reubens were invented in Omaha and the best Reuben I've ever had was at Barrett's Barleycorn on Leavenworth Street. Routinely get off I-29 at Council Bluffs and cross the river just to get this delicacy. Close runner up was Bob's in Sioux Falls which has since moved to larger haunts and changed names, but hopefully not recipes. Never had a really good Reuben in my forty plus years in St. Louis.

Last edited:
I'm just getting into the reuben world. I like them but too much '[censored] and I won't like it - i like a very thin layer.

Used to be a place in Portland Oregon I used to make it to once a year going down there to give them some vacation relief called Roses. Super Reuben's and German Chocolate cake you'd kill for. I ordered and the other guys just laughed then the order a half sandwich and half piece of cake. When they brought it to the table I couldn't believe I had lunch and dinner for the day.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Here you go. Kind of pricy at $15.50.

Thanks for the pics. I worked in Cleveland back in 1999-2000. We went to Slymans 3 or 4 times. Always good. Prices have doubled since 2000.

LOVE a good Reuben!

I recently discovered Culver’s makes an excellent Reuben for something that quick and cheap.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: E365
LOVE a good Reuben!

I recently discovered Culver’s makes an excellent Reuben for something that quick and cheap.

A Culver's is opening in June here. Will have to try it out. Found a pic of their Reuben, of course prob looks a bit different in person. But prob good for a cheaper version.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: E365
LOVE a good Reuben!

A Culver's is opening in June here. Will have to try it out. Found a pic of their Reuben, of course prob looks a bit different in person. But prob good for a cheaper version.

Culver's is great. It's my favorite fast food, bar none. I've never tried their Rueben, but everything I have had there has been excellent.
(Their custard blows any ice cream I've ever had out of the water.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back