John Deere l110 transmission fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a Tufftorq K46?

If so, the manufacturer recommends synthetic 5w50. I used 15w50 Mobil1 in my K66.

Originally Posted By: cpayne5
Is it a Tufftorq K46?

If so, the manufacturer recommends synthetic 5w50. I used 15w50 Mobil1 in my K66.

If it is a TT-K46 then JD says it’s a sealed non serviceable unit, Tuff Torque will say that 5w50 SYN is the right fill, about 2 liters IIRC, Castrol is the typical fill as it’s avai in the right weight, TT has its own 5w50 yo can also order.

Anything that legitimately meets a Dexron spec (III or VI) will do fine.
If you want a "lifetime" fill get some Allison TES-295 spec.
I've run it for over 10 yrs with no problem.
The whole HyGard thing is just a profit center for JD.

I used napa synthetic 15w 50 about 4 years ago in my l110 tranny. At the time the tractor would barely move forward. It fixed the problem and it's been like new ever since.

Last edited:
The JD HyGard fluid is one of the best hydraulic fluids available. I use it in my mower along with countless different hydraulic applications. You're not going to damage a TuffTorq with HyGard, the guys switching to a 50wt. are obviously getting a bit more response vs. the HyGard due to the heavier viscosity.

Originally Posted By: Fitter30
Part number for the trans AM134125

That’s a K46 (V) I think, follow our advice above-which is from the manufacturer, Tuff Torq- the correct fill is 5w50 synthetic motor oil or their new Tuff Tec Oil. There is no JD fluid for this application, not sure where this is coming from.

Hydro Gear recommends 20w50, which generally is a conventional. Tuff Torq recommends 5w50, which would be synthetic. I put Mobil 1 15w50 in my Hydro Gear ZT-2800 transmissions. If 5w50 was just as available, I would of chosen that. Because of that, go 15w50 for the Tuff Torq.

Originally Posted By: nascarnation
Anything that legitimately meets a Dexron spec (III or VI) will do fine.
If you want a "lifetime" fill get some Allison TES-295 spec.
I've run it for over 10 yrs with no problem.
The whole HyGard thing is just a profit center for JD.

Tell me more, or does anybody else recommend atf?

I changed a k46 last week, pretty quiet till it got hot, I put rotella 5-40 T6 in it, it whines a lot now. I know it didn’t have 20w50 in it when I got it. It had never been changed. I’ve had this happen when I put 20w50 synthetic in them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back