Do you regularly do tire rotations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I rarely had them done. But the wife got new tires from Discount Tire so I plan on keeping up on the rotation intervals.

Do you do so and at what typical mileage?

Only 2 or 3 times during the tires life. I do it when I notice the shoulders beginning to round on the front pair. This happens at about 15,000 or 20,000 miles. My tires last the same life time as they ever did when I rotated at 5,000 mile intervals.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I do it when I swap winter wheels for summer ones.

+1^

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I have to admit I rarely had them done. But the wife got new tires from Discount Tire so I plan on keeping up on the rotation intervals.

Do you do so and at what typical mileage?

I do 10k … easy to remember …

Heads up on DT … son wore out a set early and did not use the rotation paid for … no help
I had a set of BFG comps wear early … did not even ask for an adjustment … DT reps says, well you have been rotating the tires and we are not happy with their condition … so they gave me a nice break on some Conti’s that have been great …

Since DT came to the area (~2004), have it done every ~6k miles. Evens out any minor wear differences, and keeps the treadwear warranty in force. In the past I've gotten very fair pro rated adjustment towards new tires by doing so. DT will rotate tires FOC no matter where purchased. If not purchased there balance can cost extra. IME though, unless vibration noted, balance not required.

When I notice the difference in wear between the fronts and rears, so usually only a couple of times during the life of the tires. My tire life in miles has usually been close to or even a little better than the manufacturer's mileage rating. I always get an alignment with a new set of tires, and sometimes an extra alignment if I think it has gone out.
Edited to add.. I check pressures at least once a month, never let them get low, and no more than 2-3 psi over recommended pressure.

Last edited:
I get free ones where I buy my tires, but....since I finally sprung for a 1/2" impact wrench. Man, If I had only realized what a 1/2" impact gun could accomplish when I was in my 20's...

But I still take the 4Runner in. It is too much for me to handle if my son is not here.
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back