Harvest King

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Atwood store opened by me and they sell Harvest King oil, which I never heard of but some say it is a Warren oil. They have conventional for 6.99 a jug (5w/20 is semi-syn same price) and full syn for 10.99 a 5qt jug. I bought a few jugs of each just to use for "free oil changes" I do for friends that have older oil leakers/burners but the Full Syn has the DEXOS label so it can't be too bad a oil and 10.99 for 5qts is a bargain.

When I used to live near a Fleet Farm they sold Resolute brand for similar prices on sale. I think bottled by Citgo...but can't remember for sure. They used to have awesome oil sales! I used it on and off along with QSUD when Menards would put that on sale. If you're going more than owner manual recommended I'd do a UOA but otherwise with DEXOS I'm sure it's as good as any store brand. I'd use it. Which means nothing because I'm a random guy on the internet.

I would keep an eye on your oil levels-there have been some reports of excessive consumption with HK/Citgo oil-although, I don't know how they could get Dexos 1 certification. Last I checked they weren't Dexos 1 Gen. 2-but that may have changed. Rural King would not respond to emails, Citgo deferred to RK, so I took the Purolator route and bought something else (Chevron Supreme).

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I would keep an eye on your oil levels-there have been some reports of excessive consumption with HK/Citgo oil-although, I don't know how they could get Dexos 1 certification. Last I checked they weren't Dexos 1 Gen. 2-but that may have changed. Rural King would not respond to emails, Citgo deferred to RK, so I took the Purolator route and bought something else (Chevron Supreme).

So you were worried about using a Dexos certified oil for $2.20 a quart?

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz

I think he wanted confirmation to who makes this oil. I would also

From www.centerforqa.com The license number for Harvest King is the same as Citgo.

Harvest King Full Synthetic Mid-States Distributing Co. dexos1™ Gen 2 5W-30 D10370HF121 North America
Harvest King Full Synthetic Mid-States Distributing Co. dexos1™ Gen 2 5W-20 D10742HL121 North America
Harvest King Full Synthetic Mid-States Distributing Co. dexos1™ Gen 2 0W-20 D10390HG121 North America

No-it was impossible to get any specs on it at all from Rural King. I know Citgo makes it, I've used Supergard conventional in the past when AZ carried it on oil burning beaters-but most vehicles I change oil on now are for family members who aren't very good at watching oil levels, and run oil too long-a potentially DEADLY combination on a cheap high NOACK oil that disappears quickly. Thanks to the guys who found the D1G2 info, that's a recent change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Right on, Farrar. They say D1G2 right on the bottle as well, so I don’t know how there’d be any confusion.
My confusion was from Rural King's website, which states their synblend 5W30 & 5W20 meets Dexos 1-which it clearly doesn't. That's what I couldn't get a clear answer from RK or Citgo about. Their synthetic should be fine-but, after rebate, M1 & PP are right there on price, and I trust them more.

I don't know if Citgo blends the oil,,,,,but I run Supergard 5w30 syn blend in both Hyundai"s and the Taurus with no issues for the last year,
and no excessive consumption ,, at all 5 quarts in ,, 5 quarts out and good labs from blackstone on all 3 vehicles

I can change oil on any 3 for around 12 bucks with a bosch filter when I buy it on sale at Mills or Blanes with a rebate to put my cost at under 2.00 per qt here in the midwest

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JustinH
Cool, is this the Atwood in Waco?

Will have to stop by next time I go to the zoo with the wife and stock up.

Waxahachie (just outside the DFW area)

Blended by Citgo. Nothing wrong with it.

You are correct - thanks for the information. I did a little research online and Citgo came up.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Waxahachie (just outside the DFW area)

We used to have a beer bottle Plant in Wax... been thru DFW about 15 times in the past year but never had a chance to see Wax. It’s a shame what InBev has done to the “King of Beers”...

What ??? You Rural King guys get 10W-40 ?????? Would love that "flavor" for my '01 Suburban in the OK heat !!

My Atwoods in Oklahoma doesn't carry 10W40 anything
mad.gif

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back