RIP Art Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow... Wonder what happened???

I have listened to coast to coast a good bit as well.

RIP,
I knew him a lot less that I would have liked.

The pieces that I heard over the years were good.

As a midnight shift Police Officer from 2001-2005, i had no better companion. RIP

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Holy cow... Wonder what happened???

I have listened to coast to coast a good bit as well.
Clearly the people/beings out to get him finally caught up.
frown.gif

RIP. He had some good shows.

RIP. I listened to him on my way from Richmond, VA to Rochester, NY on my night run hauling automotive plastic pellets to Valeo. RIP Art Bell and Valeo Rochester, NY. Valeo moved Rochester plant to Mexico in 2004.

Hmmm....I gotta grab a podcast as I've never heard of him (sorry).

Paranormal stuff?? How long can that theme be stretched out?, was my first question

RIP Art, I listened to the show for many years on the night shift, he always made you question what was really going on in this world, always entertaining!
TOTO.

He tried to come back with "midnight in the desert" after he went to the hospital I have not heard a word.

He did promote smoking.
frown.gif

and I hate George Snory.

RIP. He kept me going on long commutes at night during the 80’s and 90’s.

He passed away on Friday the 13th. It figures.

RIP for sure, I listened to Coast to Coast almost every night for 3 years, when I was "doing time" as a data entry employee for a bank in Buffalo, NY. Working the graveyard shift.

RIP Art
frown.gif

I remember listening to his late night talk shows about NDE's. I was hooked!! Probably the very first talk radio I ever listened to.

I'd listen to him while driving at night to go visit my parents for the weekend. Then I moved closer to my parents and got a job sorting mail at night. I bought a radio and earphones and listened to him at night while sorting. He had a way of having you look at reality a little different and wonder if what he was saying just might actually be true. He did reshape my personal beliefs and accept that there is really some odd things going on in this world that I might want to pay more attention to. Remote viewing comes to mind.

1.Theme from The Chase
2.Listen to interesting discussion
3.Get sort of creeped out
4.Don't really want to walk from your car to the house

Last edited:
I loved listening to the show, but it spawned much of the conspiracy nuttiness that society is suffering from today. For example, I like how none of the disasters that were predicted on the show ever happened. Like Y2K. One of my favorite moments was when Art asked, in the way that only Art could, what Major Ed Dames saw in the upcoming Y2K catastrophe (remember, when the power was going to go out, your car wouldn't start and planes were going to fall from the sky). Sounding very grim, Major Ed says..."Art, I don't think were going to make it to the year 2000."

Radio was great, it sucks today. Another thing I used to love that disappeared. RIP Art Bell.

RIP Art Bell...Although I think George Noory had the demeanor and ability to appeal to a wider audience, the show lost a lot of the nuttiness and edge of the original show with Art Bell's departure. Maybe it's partly the difference between Bell's surliness and Noory's syrupy-ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back