[Cut Open] Union Sangyo C-562 - Virgin (7317 EQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sangyo_C-562a.jpg

Sangyo_C-562b.jpg

Sangyo_C-562c.jpg

Sangyo_C-562d.jpg

Sangyo_C-562e.jpg

Sangyo_C-562f.jpg

Sangyo_C-562g.jpg

Sangyo_C-562h.jpg

Sangyo_C-562i.jpg

Sangyo_C-562j.jpg

Sangyo_C-562k.jpg

Sangyo_C-562l.jpg

Sangyo_C-562m.jpg

Sangyo_C-562n.jpg

Sangyo_C-562o.jpg

She was a fine virgin before you opened her. Of course you never know what kind of baggage she brings. (specs)

Originally Posted By: WhyMe
ahh you got one. So whats your opinion of them?

Yeah, I did a little research and found a single, it cost too much but...

I’m not sure what the brown is, I almost think it is paint, it doesn’t wipe off and it isn’t rough (I thought it was rust at first, but no longer do, I’m just not sure what it is.) I’ll try to give that a better look tomorrow.

What do I think? Well I don’t see anything wrong with it, it does look quite similar to the brand D for this application. I don’t believe this ADBV is Silicone either.

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
This. It looked good on one side but the other side not so good.

The tapping plate and ADBV (and to a lesser extent the element and ADBV) were stuck together and are tacky. I believe this may be corrosion inhibitor. You can see remains of it on the tapping plate as well evidenced in a ring corresponding to the ADBV.

Originally Posted By: Onug
Marketing 101 = “Suitiable for Original Equipment Specifications”

Yep, long sentence that doesn’t say anything...

Originally Posted By: Onug
Pure comedy. But thanks for the C&P!

You're welcome.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
What is with that hole in the clear plastic? Condensation? It looks like it was intentionally poked with a tool, but why?

Yes it is a hole and yes it looks intentionally poked. I thought it was odd as well. Why would you go to the trouble to shrink wrap it and then poke a hole in the shrink wrap? I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the preoiling of the o-ring.

Are you sure you didn't sacrifice a virgin filter just to show your nice filter cutting gadget
grin.gif

Nice set of cut & post pics. And the fancy cutting tool
smirk.gif

I used this particular filter for many years on Hondas and other Union Sangyo filters on Acuras and Nissans for several years. No issues whatsoever. But now I use filters mostly with synthetic or blended media for longer intervals.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
What is with that hole in the clear plastic? Condensation? It looks like it was intentionally poked with a tool, but why?

Pressure equalization, don’t want the wrapper bein sucked into the filter or blowing off

I have a few of these for my 2008 Elantra (C-521 which is the 4459 equivalent). After seeing this C&P I have no qualms about using them......nice even, thick pleats....and the C-521 is pretty heavy. Mine have the hole in the cellophane too... but its smaller than it appears in the OP's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back