Blizzard Warning....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had places here in MN under both a Blizzard Warning and a Severe Thunderstorm Warning at the same time.

The Twin Cities NWS Office is forecasting 9”-19” snow for MSP! Some models suggesting even higher amounts. Glad I kept my skis out
laugh.gif

No blizzard here, but very late dry line + cold front due this evening. Currently it's 78°F and 95% Rh. Well primed for thunderstorms when the above hit this warm/humid air mass.

Had one two weeks ago that dropped the temp 40° overnight! Gusty South wind turned into Gusty North. 82F to 42F.

It was supposed to snow here on Monday, but it looks like it changed.

82*F today according to my truck. It's been an odd spring indeed.

Yep, lots of thunder snow here in eastern SD this afternoon. We're under a blizzard warning from 1pm today until 7pm tomorrow. They're saying we could see up to 16" total.

Cripes O' mighty- well over a foot here in Stillwater and wind is still blowing. I feel sorry for everyone who has to work shift and has to travel. My wife reminded me that last year we already had the docks in at our cabin for 2 weeks. Ugh...

I used to enjoy snow storms, then I moved south, I enjoyed the 80 degree weather yesterday :eek:) ... though it is going to cool down again into the 60s darn it ... in just a few weeks we will never have a day under 85 until late Sept.

Ice pellets like crazy here, we have significant accumulation of that granular icy goodness. Still have the winters on both vehicles and was just out in the Durango (Michelin Latitude X-Ice 2's on it) and it handled it just fine. Definitely not as bad out as I expected.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Ice pellets like crazy here, we have significant accumulation of that granular icy goodness. Still have the winters on both vehicles and was just out in the Durango (Michelin Latitude X-Ice 2's on it) and it handled it just fine. Definitely not as bad out as I expected.

We got lucky that almost all the precipitation came down as pellets instead of freezing rain. It would've been the 1998 storm again. We have so much ice pellets that I was thinking of letting the kids use the downhill skis on the driveway... Its about 3" think and solid enough to walk on.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

We got lucky that almost all the precipitation came down as pellets instead of freezing rain. It would've been the 1998 storm again. We have so much ice pellets that I was thinking of letting the kids use the downhill skis on the driveway... Its about 3" think and solid enough to walk on.

Yup, pretty much the same in town
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back