2013 equinox I4 engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone installed a external filter and where for this trans. Microfine might fit in hoses going to the radiator but the hoses look like hydraulic hoses and don't know if they would stretch over the barb fittings.

FWIW I changed the oil in my wife's 2012 Equinox transmission and it looked pretty nasty after 50K miles. They are pretty easy to do a drain and fill and AFAIK they don't have a serviceable filter. IMO I would drain and fill every 20K miles. You will get 4 quarts out of it each time.

To drain and fill, park the car on a level surface and cut the wheel so you can access the level plug on the driver's side of the transmission. Drain the fluid out after driving the car around the block to warm it up a little. Then, add fluid and run the engine w/level plug out until it stops running out. Again, takes about 4 quarts. I don't know what kind of restriction will happen from an inline filter, so I wouldn't do that.

Have changed this 4 times measured 4 are to 4.5 are each time finally a tint of red will change it at least 1 or two more times reading it takes 7 times to replqce all the fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back