2004 -2008 F150 Front Rotor Hub Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2004-2008 F150 2wd use a Rotor/Hub assembly. If you need to replace the rotor you will have to buy the assembly, you can't just replace the rotor. Because it is one unit I am reluctant to buy a cheaper part instead of buying the Motorcraft Hub&Rotor part number 5U2Z-1V102-E. Does anyone have Any experience with the aftermarket assembly?

Napa is selling the assembly for as low as $90 vs $213 from my local Ford Dealership.

I had an '02 F150 with that type of front rotor/hub assembly (2WD model), so my experience is not 100% relevant.

However, I used 2 different aftermarket assembles with no issues:

1st set: Advance Auto Parts
2nd set: R1 Concepts Slotted rotors (eBay brand)

I was glad to have the Haynes manual since it described the proper way to preload the axle nut. It's a good opportunity to clean and regrease the taper bearings. Buy a few dust covers since they have a tendency to get jacked up during the removal/install process.

Just note the newest part number does not come with the locknut that you are supposed to replace whenever you take the rotor off. The old number did come with it but it was removed from the new number.

Thanks Everyone. I have part number 6L3Z-3C294-AA for the locknut that I need to replace. I also found out that Centric makes a kit with a hub and a rotor sold separately. I don't have the part number for the kit. The Motorcraft lasted 70k miles, which is pretty good for a truck. Now for $100 that's not a bad deal.

Definitely go with Motorcraft from Rock auto, match with Motorcraft pads and you will have a good service life out of them.
That's not to say the MC pads are the be all and end all its just they will probably match the rotor properties from the same manufacturer to give the longest life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back