Pro Short Oil Change Interval Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave1251
What a perfect example of propaganda. Playing on a person's emotions to generate oil change sells.

Precisely:

You should see how filthy even the highest quality synthetic engine oil becomes after just 5000 miles! By the time you’ve hit 10,000, it looks like tar and smells like a toxic stew of petroleum compounds and burned & unburned fuel.

Yeah, right- the UOAs on my Mazdaspeed 3 showed I could easily use an OCI of 10k. Then there's my son's 328i which is approaching 120k using a 15 OCI...

Sounds like an oil change place trying to create more business for themselves.

Quote:
You should see how filthy even the highest quality synthetic engine oil becomes after just 5000 miles! That is why at Midwest Performance Cars, we recommend an oil change interval of 7500 miles for MOST vehicles.

That is how Midwest Performance Cars just convinced me that they're nincompoops. If you say it's bad at 5k, why would you recommend waiting another 50% of the mileage before you get that filthy highest quality synthetic engine oil out of the engine?? Tards.

They go on about how horrible your oil is by 5K miles.

Well, think of your tires. I don't know about yours, but my are dirty in only a few hundred miles. By 5K miles they are filthy. They often smell like dog pee, and sometimes even poop. They talk about oil smelling like tar -- that happens to tires too! Can you imagine how unusable they are at 10K miles?

A local garage here who advertises on a radio station once said you should change your oil every 2000 miles and always have it professionally done so they could look over your car and also ensure the oil was disposed of properly. If I hadn't been driving I would have tried to call in and tell him what I thought of his "expert advice".

This article is how owner stereotypes gain footholds in the minds of men. “We’re superior in talk, but obviously not in intellect!”
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Sounds like an oil change place trying to create more business for themselves.

Few months ago I’m waiting in line while a young guy is testing his 3 mos/3k skills on a guy twice his age who’s telling him the dealer said use OLM … and he’s got PP in the sump …
I could not remain silent … but my checkout sure was
wink.gif

Internet is a great thing. No matter how stupid or ill conceived one has a bias or belief in something, there is someone or somewhere that is going to have published something to reinforce that belief.

That being said, it does not make it the consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back