Lid and pump for pails of oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed there are good deals when buying diesel oil by the pail but never considered it as it seemed too cumbersome. However , just saw a sale on the lid and pump with a plastic hose over at Canadian Tire (in Canada of course). I guess it wouldn’t be so bad. Anyone using the combined lid and pail gizmo? Sorry if this has been discussed.

Not using that, but its not terribly difficult to decant a 5gal pail into a 5qt bottle by sitting the pail on a raised surface with the spout at the top and then tipping it over into the smaller bottle if you want to save some money.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
By the way, I found Delvac Conventional 15-40 was 40% cheaper by the pail instead of 4 quart bottle.

At North 40, Delvac 1300 with the rebate is $25.00 per 5 gal pail, 6 per household. Sorry, they are not offering it north of the border. You gotta find a friend down south a lil ways!

Last edited:
I use three of the pail pumps regularly - engine oil, gear oil and ATF. The pail pumps work well. I drilled a new hole on the pumping lever to lengthen the stroke to pump out faster.

I buy Delvac by the pail and the last time I bought a 18.9 l pail of Delvac 10W30, it cost me about $60 at Noco, the local Mobil distributor. Cheaper than the Canadian Tire sale price on the same item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back