How to Fix My Fuel Tank Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fuel tank gauge doesn't work. I popped it out of the top of my tank and found the "white styrofoam" float was lying on the bottom of the tank along with the metal slides. I fished the slides out no problem so far. However, the white float is not floating.

I tried to get the white float out but have been unsuccessful. Went to buy a whole nuther gauge but can't find one that will fit. Mine is 12.5 inches long. I guess my best bet is to buy a cheaper gauge and remove the white float off of the new one and put it on my old one. I can take my old one apart easily.

Can I make the sunk white float float again?

Comments, critcisms?

Buy the correct one. I noticed it is a Briggs and Stratton part. Measure the length of the rod on the old one. To start with, you need the model number and serial number of your particular piece of equipment. Don’t try to monkey around with the new one. If you will post your make, mod number and serial number of your product, someone here may be able to give you the right part number for your fuel gauge.
By the way, the float is toast.

Last edited:
There is no part number. Partstree, Snapper, Simplicity = no part number. Simplicity bought Snapper and the Briggs bought them. My mower has Snapper Pro label but Simplicity tag on the frame. It was made before the merger with Briggs. Parts come from Briggs for the most part.

CZT19481KWV

MParr, Rand:

Ordered. It was weird in that the parts diagrams for my tank didn't show a part number and there seem to be so many to choose from.

In my process of trying to remove the sunken float, it has disappeared into a cabbie hole in the front portion of the tank. Looks like I am gonna have to remove the doggone tank to shake it out.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back