Back Up Camera Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a front dash cam and now planning to install a rear camera on the Civic.

Has anyone done it? If so, any advice on kind of camera or set up to do it.

I can take power from rear reverse tail light bulb and hook it up. But need a way to see the image on the front too
smile.gif

What car and are you planning on changing the head unit or do you want the screen integrated into a rear view mirror?

Does the vehicle accept a double din head unit? You can check Crutchfield.com for available options. I installed a backup camera in my caravan using A JVC double din unit. Bought the camera from Amazon for $40 (coolint) and also installed the steering wheel control module.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JC1
What car and are you planning on changing the head unit?

Thanks, on the 06 Civic Coupe and no plans to change the head unit. Not sure how much it would cost going the route of changing head unit?

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Do you really need a backup camera in your Civic?

Honestly, no.

But was asking, because even a rear cam would help in terms of recording and all because of crazy drivers.

So not necessarily a rear back up camera.

Backup camera and rear camera are two different things.

Why would you power a rear camera from your reverse tail light? It would only work in reverse. Sounds like you want a camera that records all the time, so you would need a different 12v source.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs

Honestly, no.

But was asking, because even a rear cam would help in terms of recording and all because of crazy drivers.

Sounds like you want a rear dash cam because you want to record. Do they make rear recording cameras?

Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: maverickfhs

Honestly, no.

Sounds like you want a rear dash cam because you want to record. Do they make rear recording cameras?

I have a front recording one, so was hoping maybe something similar for rear too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back