5qt. Pennzoil Gold 5w30 still available ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having trouble find these in the 5qt. jug? None of my local auto stores, big chain stores and even online stores like Amazon, Walmart, etc. seem to carry them. they are listed, but at check-out it says "out of stock". I can only find them in the qts. at $5.79 and never enough at one store to get all 5qts. I did called Pennzoil customer support and verified its still in production. I’m at a loss …

I ran this over the winter and have noticed that it is not stocked at my local WM anymore. Don't think O'Reilly had it when I stopped in to look for dexos2 oils the other day.
???

my engine has a strange history, this OCT I tried Pennzoil Platinum and noticed consumption, with only 6,500 miles on this oil, in the first 3k miles I added a qt. and now its down 1/4 on the dipstick. so I want to go back to the blend and yep, I did see the rebate offer ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I ran this over the winter and have noticed that it is not stocked at my local WM anymore. Don't think O'Reilly had it when I stopped in to look for dexos2 oils the other day.
???

32.gif

None at my local WMart either. I've also noticed other motor oils missing for some time...

Castrol Magnatec
Pennzoil Gold
Quaker State syn blend
Mobil Super

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I haven’t seen it in quite some time. Another albino deer in the making from Shell.

You know, with PUP and PP Euro L disappearing and T6 5W30 Multivehicle never making an appearance...this is a very apt comment.

wemay, QS made a big comeback at my local WM in both synths and semisynths after disappearing for a while. I do think they used to carry Mobil Super a long time ago and don't anymore...

I haven’t seen it in quite some time. Another albino deer in the making from Shell.

You know, with PUP and PP Euro L disappearing and T6 5W30 Multivehicle never making an appearance...this is a very apt comment.

wemay, QS made a big comeback at my local WM in both synths and semisynths after disappearing for a while. I do think they used to carry Mobil Super a long time ago and don't anymore...

I wonder how much impact there is if a retailer like Walmart decides to not stock it? Walmart is very quick to pull stock if it doesn’t move. They have little tolerance for shelf space stagnancy and their formulas are the industry standards. I noticed several months ago that WM was thinning out their oil shelves. Three or four brands dominate now including their own Supertech. It doesn’t leave much room for the sub category brands like Mobil Super or Pennzoil Gold.

Last time I checked my impression was that Supertech is gaining more shelf space as other brands go down or disappear.

I wonder how much impact there is if a retailer like Walmart decides to not stock it? Walmart is very quick to pull stock if it doesn’t move. They have little tolerance for shelf space stagnancy and their formulas are the industry standards. I noticed several months ago that WM was thinning out their oil shelves. Three or four brands dominate now including their own Supertech. It doesn’t leave much room for the sub category brands like Mobil Super or Pennzoil Gold.
Last time I checked my impression was that Supertech is gaining more shelf space as other brands go down or disappear.

Seems like WM is being amazingly patient with M1 AP...at least it is relegated to a small portion of a top shelf at my local WM now.

Seems like WM is being amazingly patient with M1 AP...at least it is relegated to a small portion of a top shelf at my local WM now.

I’ve noticed that as well. One row of 0w20 and one row of 5w30. Valvoline’s VME still has more space allotted but I would expect that to change as well in the near future. I did see that VME had jugs and quarts stocked while M1 AP was just jugs.

It’s gone from my local WalMart as well. It’s what I had been running in my F150 for the the last 2 years. Guess I’ll go back to Motorcraft from the dealership bulk tank.

Hey guys I’d like to apologize and retract my statement about my oil being down ¼ on the dipstick after only 3,500 miles of use. At the end of last year we added an addition to our carport and it has minute slop. Since posting, i’ve rechecked it on flat ground and oil level is perfect. Honestly wouldn’t have guessed that it, so human error was at fault here. lol . Also, the first qt consumed at 3k miles was attributed to very hard driving and acceleration. I’ve owned 3 colorados since 2005 and put about 260k miles driven between them. with any hard driving, these Atlas motors tend to consume oil, at least the ones I’ve used (Mobil, Castrol, A/C Delco and Pennzoil). But for some reason in this motor with this oil, it consumed it quicker in a shorter time frame. I just wanted to clarify my statements. now which oil to use
smile.gif

One (1) 1-QT or one (1) 5-QT bottles of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ Full Synthetic motor oil and earn $2 per quart.
One (1) 1-QT or one (1) 5-QT bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil and earn $2 per quart.
One (1) 1-QT or one (1) 5-QT bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil and earn $2 per quart.
One (1) 1-QT or one (1) 5-QT bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Euro Full Synthetic motor oil and earn $2 per quart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back