3. Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes AMG Petronas, 22
4. Fernando Alonso, McLaren Renault, 16
5. Kimi Raikkonen, Scuderia Ferrari, 15
6. Nico Hulkenberg, Renault Sport F1, 14
7. Pierre Gasly, Toro Rosso Honda, 12
8. Daniel Ricciardo, Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, 12
9. Kevin Magnussen, Haas, 10
10. Max Verstappen, Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, 8

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

d8fe143f98a335fbbbf93094b8664156.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Haas with 10 point already , nice
thumbsup2.gif

Amazing what you can do with a car that has 4 wheels firmly bolted on! They should try that more often.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Haas with 10 point already , nice
thumbsup2.gif

Amazing what you can do with a car that has 4 wheels firmly bolted on! They should try that more often.

Perhaps when the wheel man is waving his arms that there is a problem...don't release the car (or in Ferrari's case when the wheel hasn't even been removed yet, don't release the car and run over your crew member).

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: newbe46
I hope Natalie Pinkham will be with the Sky F1 on track team this weekend.

If Martin Brundle ever has to be replaced, I'd vote for her.
wink.gif

Too sexist, I'm surprised at you guys. I heard it will be one of the grid kids.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Originally Posted By: Garak
I hope Natalie Pinkham will be with the Sky F1 on track team this weekend.

If Martin Brundle ever has to be replaced, I'd vote for her.
wink.gif

Too sexist, I'm surprised at you guys. I heard it will be one of the grid kids.
grin.gif

I don't want Martin Brundle gone, I just want to see Natalie Pinkham more on screen. She's quite something.

The Italian Sky F1 viewers get Federica Masolin

Sky would be much better served by getting rid of all these clowns and hiring Machete and Hobbs. The two of them have forgotten more about Formula 1 than all of this current crop will ever know. These guys have yet to learn you can't hype a race by raising your voice.

I'm watching the Univision coverage and don't understand 95% of what they're saying...but it's still better than having to listen to the Sky commentators.

I think Brundle may be the Brit version of Eddie Cheever in terms of race broadcasters.

"Do you speak English?" LOL. I think that might have been AMD's CEO, and she might know a few words...

Last edited:
Yeeehaaa.

Nice to see Lisa Su on the grid. Not surprised Martin had no idea who she was however. She's a rock star, but in a completely different constellation.

Verstappen looks like he's been to the Marquez school of dodgems!

I don't want Martin Brundle gone, I just want to see Natalie Pinkham more on screen. She's quite something.

If Martin retires, I just made a suggestion, not that he go.
wink.gif

Bill: There are some good Sky personalities. There's just too much manure shovelled in trying to cheer for Lewis Hamilton or any team with a tenuous British link and even a slight chance of winning.

Originally Posted By: Carmudgeon
"Do you speak English?" LOL. I think that might have been AMD's CEO, and she might know a few words...

Martin does this regularly at Asian races. It's better than asking an English question and getting a flurry of Mandarin or Japanese back on live TV. As for this lady in question, I don't know if Martin is much of a techie at all, but I've been messing with computers since before the Vic 20 came out and I had no idea who this woman was, so I don't fault Martin Brundle for not knowing.

"Pastor" Verstappen needs a new piece of tech added to his car. Whenever he gets within six inches of another vehicle, his pit limiter needs to be automatically activated for the next ten seconds. I think I'm more peeved than Vettel was. They say that Ricciardo has a lot to prove this season, and may be his make or break season in F1. That might apply to Verstappen, too. When Red Bull wasn't in much of a position, risk taking had its place. Now, they can't afford him doing something imbecilic every race. As for Riccardio, he's found out how to take places and even win races safely. Stay behind Verstappen. When Verstappen does the inevitable clumsy pass, slot in and pass both vehicles. It's better than DRS or a Benz power unit. On the rare occasion when Verstappen doesn't slam into someone, he or Daniel is having a power unit failure anyhow, so the procedure I outlined is solid. I expect a cheque in the mail from RBR, or at least Ricciardo.

Verstappen is the only guy on the grid who plays the number two driver from ahead of his team mate.

Once again the use of a safety car ruins the on track race.

What is up with the the DRS activation? At the Chinese GP the zone was activated
three laps after the safety car period was over but at Bahrain it was activated as
soon as the safety car left the track. Yeah, bunch them up and then let them pass!

I was really hoping Daniel Ricciardo would pull off the win, I was also really hoping
he had matured and would not drink from his shoe.

So nice to see Raikkonen on the podium, he always looks like he would really like to be somewhere else.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
What is up with the the DRS activation? At the Chinese GP the zone was activated
three laps after the safety car period was over but at Bahrain it was activated as
soon as the safety car left the track.

I've been complaining about this for over 2 years. There is no consistency with regards as to how or when the DRS is activated. It's up to Charley Whiting. And he is about as consistent as a thief is honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back