How important is color exterior/interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much does color(s) weigh into your automotive purchase as percentage. Me 40%

My wife is seeking out a new VW Tiguan and only wants black/grey interior hard stop.

My sis in law picked up a $60k 2016 Volvo XC90 for $45k with 10k miles/Volvo certified bumper to bumper 7yr/100k. It is hideous gold/beige and I think reason for massive price drop compared to others.

Even used which I normally buy if I don't like color combo pass despite the owner/care/price etc of vehicle. You?

I wouldn't buy something I consider ugly. I did a few times when I was younger, now I'd rather not compromise.

If the car's mechanical reliability and performance are TOP GRADE, and you're getting a HUGE discount then I'll take whatever color is for sale.

Women tend to be more picky while guys will more often settle. My wife had a hard time finding her car in the color she wanted with a stick. She didn't wanna do a dealer swap as the local dealer wanted a deposit. She found her car at an Audi dealer in Cleveland.

I like black / dark grey interior because it reduces sun glare on a very sunny day.

It also doesn’t show dirt as easily as a much lighter colored interior.

Living in the SW I won't buy a car with a black interior or paint. The solar heat gain when parked in the sun will actually burn your skin.
YMMV

Smoky

Exterior colors: black, gray, silver. That's IT
Interior, we're more open on that front but my bride seems to prefer black or gray over tan or brown

The gold Kia was a gift from my parents, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I will confess that the kids have asked if I could take it to Maaco and at least have them shoot it black.

Color is an absolute deal-breaker for us.

Color is entirely secondary to me as I buy used cars.

I agonized over color when I bought my ONE new car (1995 Subaru Legacy LS).
A wise friend said, "Just get a blue one for Heaven's sake!".

Hot climates....another matter.

Both exterior and interior colours are very important to me. Spent months debating what colour to get my car, and I am so happy I finally went with the Lemans Blue for the 1er.

Interiors I like in one of three colours, black, black or black.

Last edited:
I am going to be in the market for a new truck in the next few years and for the $35k+ price tag, I'm going to get the exact color I want. I also tend to keep vehicles a long time so that influences my decision.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Women tend to be more picky while guys will more often settle.
Yes, I agree. I wanted black for my GLC43, but could not find one in black that had the options I wanted. I did find it in white and "settled", but once I saw it in person, Diamond White (pearl) was very nice versus Polar White (flat gloss), which is what I expected. My wife, on the other hand, would not settle on the color of her C300.

Since we are eyeing a more southern move, no dark colors.

So now it's a silver/gray and a white.

Done with: Purple, Squirrel Beige, Chrysler green-blue, Cherry Red, Blue with shiny stuff.

Interior, with kids, no light colors, so beige/gray. But preferably not black.

No leather interior. Had 2 cars and could not wear shorts in summer (mmm, the feeling of self-simmering) and in Chicago winter, they where an absolute sticky (brrrrrrrrrr)

Priority right now:
-good-ish gas mileage (27-32 ish)
-good for long roads
-utility (2 wagons)
-enough space for kiddos and stuff

Originally Posted By: Ducked
About this much.

What do you mean?

That's hurricane, neighbors, drunks and thief -proofed.

I prefer my paint color to be beige/platinum/pewter(no gold)and my interior to be a combo of tan/cocoa. However most intreriors are combined with black dash & carpet.

I'm picky about color on a new car but not so much on a used car.
My least favorite color(s) are black and silver....black looks like a hearse and silver is everywhere and blends in with the road too much.
I like white cars but nice blues, greens and reds are good too (but they show dirt a lot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back